BitDefender engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resomentasd

Thread author
Jan 26, 2014
What do you think about the BitDefender engine? Companies that make use of that engine, receive 100% of the content, or only a portion of the signatures. Is it in real time. For the 360 use internet security and realize that there is only one, very different from when I made use of BitDefender Is he received an update every 30 minutes daily update.
What do you think about this topic?

Last edited by a moderator:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Definitely Qihu 360 internet security is not getting realtime bitdefender antivirus signature. There is 12 hrs or more delay in getting latest signature from bitdefender.

Hitman pro gets the latest bitdefender antivirus signature before Qihu 360.

The best way to know is to test all the antivirus product which uses bitdefender engine against same malware pack. Then check how much time it takes for products other than bitdefender takes to detect malwares that bitdefender antivirus has already detected.

Reactions: sid_16

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
What do you think about the Bitdefender engine? Companies that make use of that engine, receive 100% of the content, or only a portion of the signatures. Is it in real time. For the 360 use internet security and realize that there is only one, very different from when I made use of bitdender Is he received an update every 30 minutes daily update.
What do you think about this topic?
I'm no expert in security related discussion but a query... please edit your thread title to Bitdefender in place of ''bitdender'' .
thanks,
sid_16.

D

Deleted member 2913

There are differences in detection of products that use BD engine compared to BD own detection. I have tested & compared only free products, Roboscan, 360 IS. Both detects less than BD.

Tested & compared BD Free AV with BD Paid too. BD Free detects the same as BD Paid. So if you want true BD protection than BD Free is the only product that provide same detection as BD Paid as per my few tests.

If you check the engine version in BD products & BD engine version in the products using BD engine, engine version will be different.
But the engine version in BD Free is the same as in BD products.

D

Deleted member 178

i don't know know for others AVs but Emsisoft's BD signature database is sync to the same server used by BD, so Emsisoft get the signatures as same time that BD.

S

starchild76

Is the engine used by Roboscan same as bit defender free?

no it does not , it is using an old bitdefender engine. this is the reason that roboscan trails behind in protection / detection in other vendors which are using a bitdefender as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.