Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Hello

One of my friends called me and said "my PC is really slow and I can't do much" and he had this issue for almost 2 weeks.

After talking ... and trying to help with Team Viewer, didn't had luck :( he sent me some screenshots. BitDefender Free was killing the PC and I asked to reboot and let the system idle and make a screen after 10 minutes check the photos.

He used ESET before and now I told him to install Panda Cloud, Panda is using ~ 7-8 Mb. I asked if he wanted 360 IS like I am, he said no :)

I don't know if BitDefender is that bad or what ...

Attachments

• BD_Free.png
    BD_Free.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 524
  • BD_Free_10min_Later.png
    BD_Free_10min_Later.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 549
S

starchild76

he's better of with 360 ts than panda cloud! I am no a fan of cloud based av's when your interconnection is gone....bam!!!! your f***ed :)

Reactions: MalwareT and Kate_L

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I had an issue with the Bitdefender 2012 BETA, it was OK at the start, but eventually made my slowed down my PC. Never looked back at using the Final or future versions.

Maybe Bitdefender Free isn't well maintained compared to their Paid Antivirus or Security suites.

Reactions: starchild76

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I was a beta tester for Bitdefender(2012), the BETA version was better then final version. From that version i don't use Bitdefender.

Kaspersky, G Data, Emsisoft :X

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.