Bitdefender infamous Bandwidth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Just wanted to share my issue and to see if anyone else have noticed this recently.
Why is Bitdefender using so much network in the background?
I have already contacted Bitdefender support and waiting for a response.

I noticed this when tested. It was almost like it was sending image level telemetry of my systems. Also, last year Bit Defender Firewall sucked, and throttled my internet by 30-50%+ when tested, it just wasn't capable of sustaining speeds over 425Mbps. Every time I see a 'deal' on Bit Defender, I need to throttle my enthusiasm with remembrance of how much issues I've had each time I tried it.

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
I noticed this when tested. It was almost like it was sending image level telemetry of my systems. Also, last year Bit Defender Firewall sucked, and throttled my internet by 30-50%+ when tested, it just wasn't capable of sustaining speeds over 425Mbps. Every time I see a 'deal' on Bit Defender, I need to throttle my enthusiasm with remembrance of how much issues I've had each time I tried it.

My case with bitdefender was worse. :LOL: After I've upgraded to its 2018 version, Whenever I connected my notebook to a network with bitdefender's firewall turned on, my router just stopped to send packages to other computers in the same network. Just mine worked :sneaky::LOL: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

My case with bitdefender was worse. :LOL: After I've upgraded to its 2018 version, Whenever I connected my notebook to a network with bitdefender's firewall turned on, my router just stopped to send packages to other computers in the same network. Just mine worked :sneaky::LOL: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It sounds like Bit Defender is now using ARP Poisoning.. No wonder their product stinks.

Reactions: PVA_BR

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
this issue is almost 10 years old.
network connection does not get terminated properly.
So files keep getting downloaded in the background.

use network monitor to see the state of TCP connections.

Sym3

Thread author
Oct 10, 2016
Here is the update on this issue. Bitdefender support couldn't figure it out. I uninstalled it completely and removed all the leftover files and folders and did a fresh install and its good so far.

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
Here is the update on this issue. Bitdefender support couldn't figure it out. I uninstalled it completely and removed all the leftover files and folders and did a fresh install and its good so far.

This procedure usually solves most of bitdefender problems. :)

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I had a million times of checked problems about him, but later it was fixed in disabling unnecessary tasks, services & registry entries. currently it only its slowness due my scarce laptop resources.. my win 10 pro has 32bit over dual core and 4gb ram that havebeen marginalized.:ROFLMAO:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Uncheck the send anonymous usage information box during program installation. I myself faced this issue and unchecking it solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.