Advice Request Bitdefender install help

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi I am trying Bitdefender on mylaptop.I first installed Bitdefender Total Security 2017 ,I found it a bit heavy with firewall and other things ,so I uninstalled it.I am now trying to install Bitdefender Antivirus plus 2017 but for some reason it keeps installing total security ,what Needs to be done for just antivirus plus 2017 to install? Thks

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Thks for reply but did that and still installing Total security
Do you have valid key? If you have key of Total Security and you enter it in Antivirus Plus edition, there's a chance that it would install Total Security edition instead. Some programs do that, I'm not sure about Bitdefender but it can happen.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Yes I have a valid 6 mth trial for Total Security but want to try Antivirus plus for 30 days just to see the difference.I think it still somewhere in the registry is showing that Total Security key and/or the central account is not lettting me install Antivirus plus?

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Yes I have a valid 6 mth trial for Total Security but want to try Antivirus plus for 30 days just to see the difference.I think it still somewhere in the registry is showing that Total Security key and/or the central account is not lettting me install Antivirus plus?
Uninstall Total Security using Bitdefender Uninstall Tool and install Antivirus Plus again. When program asks you to login, skip that or if you can't create new account. Same goes for key, if program asks you for key, skip that part or request free trial if you can.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I used the 2017 version uninstall, when i go to install Antivirus plus i don't get any options for trial or login ,it just installs Total all over again.

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I used the 2017 version uninstall, when i go to install Antivirus plus i don't get any options for trial or login ,it just installs Total all over again.
Hmm, that's weird. Did you try contacting Bitdefender support?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which version of Bitdefender Uninstall Tool did you use; they provide different tools for Trial and Paid.

If you cannot find a solution, try Bitdefender Forum

Make sure to create a backup of Registry / System / Data. Proceed with caution.

Did you search the Registry for any items related to Bitdefender in the Windows Registry, and delete them? Search for Bitdefender files from ProgramData / Program Files / AppData etc.?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
After uninstallation of BD TS use a combo of registry cleaners like RegScanner and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner to thoroughly clean your registry and system. Just use with care

I got one stubborn file left behind from uninstalled WPS Office yesterday which cannot be deleted even with admin rights. After using the above combo now that stubborn file is gone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.