Battle Bitdefender internet security 2015 vs Dr web security space 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

The only feedback I can give pertains specifically to the BitDefender scan engine.

I use Emsisoft Internet Security which uses the BD engine. The BD engine does a fine job from what I see.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
BD:
Pros: high detection, light, fast after running a full scan
Cons: Sometimes slows down internet...even cut its down, large signature updates, buggy as always

WebSpace:
Pros: good detection, good web blocking
Cons: heavy, no real UI

dmzbg79

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 28, 2014
BitDefender has a better detection for sure,which is very important,but it is a bit heavy...Anyway I voted for it...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Quite a bit they are known on this: Bitdefender (Protection wise) and Dr.Web (Removal capabilities wise), from features then Bitdefender may have advantages from this but in performance and stability well its a (?). ;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I tried both not a long time ago and my results where similar.
Both are good as far protection but a few days both gave slow down in browsing.
But i have to say that my laptop is 6 years old so i don't find these result so strange.
Someone who has a newer/better system i don't believe that he/she will notice slowdown's.
If i have to choose, tough choice, it would be BD not for detection because Dr.Web also has good detection but
for the Active Virus Control component which offers better 0 day protection now for BD.
But this is just my opinion;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.