Bitdefender Safego for twitter released

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingAG

Thread author
Jun 1, 2011
Safego is a bitdefender free tool designed to keep users's online social life worry-free.

Initially launched for Facebook users, Safego now protects Twitter accounts as well,
adding a new dimension to Bitdefender users' safety on online social platforms.

Link --> Product page.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
+1 for adding in Twitter since scams are also rapidly appeared these days.

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
I did a small review of it here: http://igl-security.blogspot.com/2011/08/review-bitdefender-safego-for-twitter.html

I am glad they expanded it to twitter.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i never use this feature on twitter, even on faceebook.
and, yes i never click external links on social network.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Social Networks by far are one of the most dangerous places on the internet, One suspicious link could be the end for your PC.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Also since it can be a difficult to know if the site was safe or not due to shorten URL. You will only know once you click it.

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
but, i NEVER click it Boxx. i just click name of my friend.

and what if your trusted friends sent you a bad link without knowing it...? :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well win7holic have Avast and MBAM Pro running plus he have WOT so with that combination so the link will be only fail.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This is what I love about BitDefender, they are making an effort to make social networks safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.