Bitdefender Sphere Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohugh

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Starting today, March 24th, we officially discontinue the sales of Bitdefender Sphere.

This is the last step in the process of replacing Bitdefender Sphere with Bitdefender Family Pack and Bitdefender Total Security Multi Device - 2 products specially crafted to meet the needs of all security seekers who use daily a variety of devices and platforms (Windows, Mac, Android). The technology behind these 2 new security packs is state-of-the-art – the best in the fight against any new threats. And the communication is more focused on the customer segment they target.

Bitdefender Family Pack is family oriented, covering an unlimited number of devices. It replicates the same key-based licensing protocol as Bitdefender Sphere and addresses all kinds of threats that might mess with a comfortable family life.

KEY BENEFITS
• Unlimited number of devices protected: Windows, Mac, Android.
• Privacy protection. Safe online banking and shopping. Parental Control.
• Award-winning technology. Fast, reliable and incredibly easy to use.
• No slowdowns or battery drain.
• Loss and theft protection. Location tracker.

Total Security Multi Device secures either 5 or 10 devices and it’s the first product in our portfolio to use the simplified subscription model. It addresses early adopters who seek ground-breaking technologies and use a variety of new devices.

KEY BENEFITS
• One product for all your Windows, Mac & Android devices
• Secure transactions, privacy protection, anti-theft
• Incredibly easy to use, OneClick security
• Best protection guaranteed by BRAIN Technologies
• Self-learning threat management

We are looking forward to seeing Bitdefender Family Pack and Bitdefender Total Security Multi Device among the top security preferences of our users.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=57797&hl=

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kiric96

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I did try Bitdefender once, but I see latest tests they failed, could not stop Cryptolocker infections so what's the point. Every year the same bugs appear, you would think a company as big as Bitdefender would deal with such issues, especially when they have already started the 2016 version.

Reactions: Ramona
R

Ramona

Why after all the ads that they did and how amazing it was ? I think people notice that they failed, there are other products way better and free.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
They only have a few modules for protection. If we look at Kaspersky they have File Anti-Virus, Mail Anti-Virus, Webcam Access, Application Control, Firewall etc., etc., Bitdefender's spam protection does NOT work, I tried, even tech support could not help. Useless product.

Reactions: Ramona

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I did try Bitdefender once, but I see latest tests they failed, could not stop Cryptolocker infections so what's the point. Every year the same bugs appear, you would think a company as big as Bitdefender would deal with such issues, especially when they have already started the 2016 version.
Their photon technology is awesome though. It makes scans take roughly 1 minute or less to complete. Wish other security vendors would implement something similar.

R

Ramona

There was something like:

The current anti-malware companies trend is to provide sophisticated fake service giving a false sense of security (through fake products and delirium publications) and since last time they started using their users database as a part of mass media campaigns. There is no big difference between malware and antimalware in general. They all - potentially unwanted applications.

And from day by day I believe it.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
But 'photon technology' is not going to keep you safe against CryptoWall 3.0
neither KIS, the best AV you can use to protect against cryptowall is: your brain total security 2015, cryptowall is not the only malware that is out there, while i recognize that KIS with program manager can and will stop cryptolockers some times will work and some not, i have managed to bypass KIS with current cryptos, also please notice that there are other features that you have to measure in order to rate a product, for example you can set IDS to high so in that way even crypto may not execute in bitdefender. Every AV has their pros and cons, you cant say that a product is a crapware based on your own opinion, because programs behave differently in every machine an setup... at least on my end KIS is very heavy while bitdefender did pretty well..

PST: anti spam module works for me... but i think that nowadays no body needs those, unless you run your dedicated mail server, as most of the online mail provider have thir own spam filter...

also: photon technology works under the same concept as KSN does, so it will protect you...

Reactions: jamescv7

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
How did you manage to get the anti-spam module to work, I tried big time, even the hospital IT dept couldn't get it to work? I use it as I have 5 email accounts and Kaspersky works great with Outlook. You stand a better chance with Kaspersky's application control and trusted applications mode, especially set to untrusted. Bitdefender has poor IDS, even set at aggressive.

the unknwn

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
don't rely to av too much and start using your brain and becareful when you surf online there are plenty of tips how to stay safe when you search,download online and accept the fact that there is no perfect av

Reactions: kiric96 and frogboy
H

hjlbx

Default-deny is the only protection model that will ensure absolute protection from everything.

However, it comes at the price of user inconvenience.

Kaspersky's Trusted Application Mode at maximum settings will block everything from executing that is not on the system prior to the TAM scan - so it will block all files - both legitimate and malicious files that are introduced to the system after TAM is enabled.

It really works... and the inconvenience is not too great if you fully configure your system before enabling it.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
How did you manage to get the anti-spam module to work, I tried big time, even the hospital IT dept couldn't get it to work? I use it as I have 5 email accounts and Kaspersky works great with Outlook. You stand a better chance with Kaspersky's application control and trusted applications mode, especially set to untrusted. Bitdefender has poor IDS, even set at aggressive.

well i do recognize that bitdefender may not work properly some times under certain conditions, but that happens with AV and firewall module, in fact anti spam module doesnt have a lot of settings so a failure is less possible... as for kaspersky while the cloud may do an excellent job flagging bad or undeteced program just where they have to be some times it may let a PUP under trusted app just because it is signed, as for bitdefender umm as the word suggest "aggressive mode" it is just that, it may block good or bad programs, when windows 8 was released IDS set to aggressive would not allow you to run metro apps. AVC is more reliable

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Hmmm..still have a license of Sphere unused.....still thinking of using it but hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.