Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
A new web browser may be seen soon and could make wonders. But its still a project and its in a ALPHA mode with invite only system.
blog-image-940x411.png

You can find further detailed information here
Project MaelStrom
http://blog.bittorrent.com/2014/12/10/project-maelstrom-the-internet-we-build-next/

Reactions: Petrovic

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From their email support:
"We actually had some issues with downloads earlier that could have caused some issues. Everything should work now if you use the code."

What I can say, it's based on Chromium and has some interesting additions to the standard browser.

It will have more potential once it hits public beta.

Last edited:

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
From their email support:
"We actually had some issues with downloads earlier that could have caused some issues. Everything should work now if you use the code."

What I can say, it's based on Chromium and has some interesting additions to the standard browser.

It will have more potential once it hits public beta.

Did you get the invite for it? Even I have registered for it but I didnt get any response for them so if you do get the invite or the browser pls do share. I am very excited for it and would surely test it

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, I have received the Invite for Project Maelstrom, as I registered my interest back in September/October. I will contact their support to see what I can share, since it's invite-only at the moment.

Reactions: Parth Dhanani

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It seems to be really interesting, but I'm still waiting on a invite from them.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Even I am waiting for it :) if do get the software atleast post the screenshots :p :p

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
@Parth Dhanani @Fedora From email support:
"We're asking that alpha testers not share screenshots during this private alpha. We're sending out another batch of invites soon so hopefully those interesting will have first hand experience of how it all works."

I like it they are keeping a lil bit mystery in it :D
Hope i get my invite soon very excited :D

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Project Maelstrom (beta)
Experience a better web. Powered by people.

The future of the web is here.

Intelligent
Native support for multiple protocols and file types.

People-Powered
Play games, browse websites and more as distributed files.

Developer Friendly
Interested in becoming an early partner for torrent publishing?

Current Version: Version 44.0.1.3

Download

Reactions: DJ Panda

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
So basically it turns every file you download into a torrent? Is it a torrent downloader? Looks like a interesting concept but not entirely sure what it is. May test it soon though. o_O

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's a Chromium-based browser with BitTorrent engine, P2P Web and more.

Source: Beating Internet Censors With BitTorrent's Maelstrom Browser - TorrentFreak
In short, Maelstrom takes Google’s Chromium framework and stuffs a powerful BitTorrent engine under the hood, meaning that torrents can be played directly from the browser. More excitingly, however, Maelstrom also supports torrent-powered websites that no longer have to rely on central servers.

By simply publishing a website in a torrent format the website will be accessible if others are sharing it. This can be assisted by web-seeds but also completely peer-to-peer.

Other: Bittorrent's Maelstrom: Using Torrents to Host Websites

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyone know if BitTorrent are still developing this browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.