blackholes setup 21-06-2012

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
Yes the unthinkable has happened , finally I am oficcially done with AVG products ( for various reasons I do not like to mention here ) :p and I thought , after so many good reviews and experiences I will give Avast a shot again , and I must say I am really really impressed , the way it has been performing on my computer for the last couple of days!!! Like the new gui , looks very cool :) this in combination with Comodo Firewall is a super , free security solution!!!!

cleaning / optimizing : Ccleaner ( with Ccenhancer ) , Iobit Smartd Defrag , Iobit Advanced System Care

uninstaller : Iobit Uninstaller

update checkers : Secunia Psi , Filehippo Update Checker

Office : Kingsoft Ofice 2012 free

backup : Easeus Todo Backup Free

Dns : Comodo Dns

Additional Web Protection : W.o.t.

P

Plexx

Overall decent config.

What extensions you using for your browser?

Also why not using Comodo Dragon with Comodo DNS and when you use IE etc you use Norton DNS? Just a suggestion.

D

Deleted member 178

Dejan said:
Never liked iObit, mostly crapware.

only the AV was crap because "stolen" from MBAM, all the rest are very efficient apps (at least the defragger and uninstaller)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Blackholes-New-Setup

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Blackholes-setup

Are these the same PC?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Even I ditched AVG. Fake port scan warnings. Bad AVG. Glad to see Avast is working for you. Add TrafficLight and Linkscanner. What happened to BDIS?

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys thanks for all your replies! Yes earth it is al on the same computer , but i had to reformat the thing , because of faulty avg update and avg tune up!

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
Dejan said:
Never liked iObit, mostly crapware.
Dejan iobit asc and smart defrag works nicely for me and their uninstaller is good to! I only use ccleaner for reg cleaning! ( and i am only doing this after an uninstall! )

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
malbky said:
Even I ditched AVG. Fake port scan warnings. Bad AVG. Glad to see Avast is working for you. Add TrafficLight and Linkscanner. What happened to BDIS?
malkby i have used bd is for two weeks and i was not happy with it , made my laptop slow!

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
Biozfear said:
Overall decent config.

What extensions you using for your browser?

Also why not using Comodo Dragon with Comodo DNS and when you use IE etc you use Norton DNS? Just a suggestion.

Hi Biozfear....
replaced I.e. 9 with Chrome , with the following ad ons : Https Everywhere , Adblock Plus ( Fanboy Ultimate Lists ) , W.o.t. and Avast Webrep ( It seems that this isn't working correctly all of the time )

P

Plexx

I think I forgot to say: When installing AVAST, use a custom install and dont worry about the applications in the middle (web rep) etc.

Also I personally don't install the IM/Mail shields.

Earth on the other hand took a rather different approach with his custom installation. Have a look at his config.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.