16GB (2x4GB) DDR4, 2666MHz

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
After tweaking ESET HIPS I removed OSArmor to test. OSArmor was blocking all the Dell update/whatever else scripts anyway, though I think I figured out the needed exceptions. I like OSArmor, it did it’s job blocking VBS scripts...just too well.

Removed-
OSArmor

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
After tweaking ESET HIPS I removed OSArmor to test. OSArmor was blocking all the Dell update/whatever else scripts anyway, though I think I figured out the needed exceptions. I like OSArmor, it did it’s job blocking VBS scripts...just too well.

Removed-
OSArmor
Btw, did you create ask rule/block rule in ESET HIPS? I prefer creating ask rule because like your Dell updates example, sometimes legit apps would require those functions and making an ask rule is the easy way to allow those when necessary.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Btw, did you create ask rule/block rule in ESET HIPS? I prefer creating ask rule because like your Dell updates example, sometimes legit apps would require those functions and making an ask rule is the easy way to allow those when necessary.
Depending on the function I do ask. If it’s something I know I don’t use then I block, otherwise ask is preferable.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.