Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara ;)

Reactions: JM Safe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Appguard is a solid deny default software, it needs a proper configuration and knowledge to maintain the capabilities effectiveness.

But if you are having difficulties then you may consult first but it cannot then try Voodoshield where it acts same as UAC, can be alongside to your current AV.

You may use Sandboxie for browsing through dark web or playing games like poker as you mentioned so any data may add to the folder will be revert when sandbox is clean.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider one or two more on demand scanners
Consider adding a second Browser
CCleaner or Privazer and a password manager
As @jamescv7 suggested adding SBIE would be a nice addition to your config.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I suggest you to install Mozilla Firefox and Collusion extension, that allows you to know which websites are tracking you.
So, you can also install DownThemAll! extension and then you can install Auslogics Disk Defrag, that can improve the speed of your PC.
In addition, I can suggest you to install also BitDefender 60 virus scanner, which is a very quick scanner and MPC-HC, which is a very good media player!
Thanks for sharing your config, bro ;)

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
As long as you are practicing "safe hex", that is watching what you download, keeping ads at bay where possible etc, I think you're good to go. I like to keep things simple, so I have very few security programs but have been careful to balance "easy" and "safe". If you're blocking plugins from automatically running and have a good ad blocker, that is half of the battle won right there. Also, remember that what may be "light" for me may not be for you. Computers are fickle little creatures, and you can sit two of them next to each other and have one piece of software run better on one than the other.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.