Another Portable Toolkit:
- HerdProtect
- Dr.Web CureIt!
- AdwCleaner

Another Configuration:
- Group Policy
- Built-in Internet Options

Hello.. :)
Here is my configuration, do you have any suggestions? ;)

Latest Changes (Jan 24, 2015)

Added :
FortiClient (Realtime Protection)
Ghostery (Chrome)
Disconnect (Chrome)
LastPass (Chrome)
Personal Blocklist (Chrome)
Macrium Reflect (Backup and Recovery)
SyncBack
Geek Uninstaller

Removed :
Revo Uninstaller

Last edited:

BlackRabbit

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 24, 2014
Welcome to MT ;)
Thank you..!! :)

Looks good... Common Sense is always a great addition to your real time protection ;)
I would suggest how ever, some sort of back up for your system.. Hardware failures can and do happen, always good to have a handy back up in case..

Nice config, agree about backup, thanks for sharing!

Aside from a backup plan it looks good!! Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you, Sir..!!:)
Which one is good between Macrium Reflect and Paragon Drive Backup?
I've never used this kind of software before .
Update: FreeFileSync (Data Backups)

Cool config :)

Reactions: user and juhful

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
BlackRabbit, even as I admire your set up, I must also confess that I too have been "challenged" for a back up method.:confused: Although, I've a single free 7.5 GB eternal flash drive that just happens to be unused at the moment which may embrace the task of transforming the color :mad:red into green on this machine!:cool:
:) ...pssst, LastPass = only 1 strong password
forever! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd?hl=en-US
Thank you for sharing your fun configuration!:D

BlackRabbit

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 24, 2014
BlackRabbit, even as I admire your set up, I must also confess that I too have been "challenged" for a back up method.:confused: Although, I've a single free 7.5 GB eternal flash drive that just happens to be unused at the moment which may embrace the task of transforming the color :mad:red into green on this machine!:cool:
:) ...pssst, LastPass = only 1 strong password
forever! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd?hl=en-US
Thank you for sharing your fun configuration!:D
:D Erm, LastPass? The app or the extension, do you think is better? What about KeePass?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
:D Erm, LastPass? The app or the extension, do you think is better? What about KeePass?
I'd asked the same of one of our knowledgeable "Oracles of MT":) as a result of my hesitation to load the app's binary file onto my system, and was kind of paranoid that way,:confused: & still am!:p Even if I don't state his name, you already know him by his directing many of our "Giveaways to awesome members", and his user name depicts one whom rids us of harmful malicious agents followed by the number twenty!;) I was assured that the browser extension worked well enough, and this is what I've gladly used myself!:rolleyes::D LastPass can be accessed by any supported browser with this extension, so a portable browser carried on a flash drive means you'll always have it wherever you may roam.
Test drive the extension on Chrome. You can always load the app later if you decide you'd like it to be on Internet Explorer as well as all supported browsers on your system.:D
Although I have not tried KeePass, I'd chosen LastPass based on so many recommendations here. Now, I'm an Eskimo giving away snowshoes too!:):):p
Any further thoughts or questions, PM me anytime.

Update: Well, I've since added the (still free) universal binary app download to both our Windows 7 & 8.1 systems. My impression has been that it's a bit smoother working.:) The extensions are still needed to work, but best of all my wife likes it too!:p:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.