Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Bleepingcomputer.com was down this morning 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM EST.At its peak, this attack was sending over 4GB of traffic towards Bleepingcomputer.com.

Bleepingcomputer.com said:
As some of you may have noticed, Bleepingcomputer.com was down for 2 hours this morning. This was due to a distributed DDOS attack on our web servers. At its peak, this attack was sending over 4GB of traffic towards our site. When our ISP noticed this, they immediately took action and placed the site in their scrubbing service. Unfortunately, there was a snafu on their end and it took the site offline rather than just scrubbing the DDOS attack.

Read more: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510432/ddos-attack-this-morning-730-am-to-930-am-est/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's a " there was a snafu on their end "?

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
I visited this site i thhink before 4-5 before it happens

"What's a " there was a snafu on their end "? "
I think
http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/09/godaddy-outage-caused-by-router-snafu-not-ddos-attack/

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've seen a lot of popular sites getting targeted. Sad to see this happen.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I can't understand why a help forum would be targeted, what could they get out of it? Unless someone got banned from their site and trying to take revenge.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.