BS Player creates registry entry Conduit PUP Adware

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Makarboy

Thread author
Hi, I am spanish, but sometimes I like to watch american TV series in Original Version. That is why I like Bs player, because this software downloads automatically subtitles without the necessity of googleing subtitles. The problem is that everytime I open BS Player it creates a registry entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Conduit. As you know Conduit is known as PUP/Adware. I have to delete this entry everyday manually or with Hitmanpro. My question is, is there any alternative to bs player that download automatically subtitles? or another question: is there any possibility to block Bs player creating this registry entry? Thanks

Sarah Connor

Jun 22, 2015
Have you try Pro version of this player. I think Pro version of BS Player not created the registry entry or you can use VLC player to use it for free version. Follow these steps to download sub title automatically on VLC media player
maketecheasier.com/get-vlc-to-download-subtitles/

M

Makarboy

Thread author
Before buying a pro version I "tried" yesterday the pro version from a torrent download, and pro version still creates Conduit registry entry. Because I did not see in the official site a 30 days trial to try the pro version...So I saved 30 bucks xD and came back to the free version, I do not like to have illegal software in my laptop. I also tried the vlc plugin and it is like a bit buggy, you have to close and reopen the vlc in order to see the downloaded subtitles. The proccess in Bs player is more automatic. Thanks anyway for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.