Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
BufferZone Pro 4.00 is now available for download at http://www.trustware.com
The version content can be seen at : http://www.trustware.com/Version_Updates

Now offers Windows 7 and Vista 64 bit support.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The planning came to be longer than unusual however its better late than never.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Found it to be quite buggy in my VM, locking up explorer when opening folders full of EXE's and not taggin all downloads as new files. Might just be the virtual enviroment though, been meaning to give it a proper go on my real machine.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm gonna give this a run later to see how well it works on a 64-bit system. Thanks for the share.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
BoXX28 said:
I'm gonna give this a run later to see how well it works on a 64-bit system. Thanks for the share.

Be interesting to see what you think, any major bugs or incompatibilities?

(I have it downloaded, but not installed).

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Just finished playing with it an hour ago and I can say that it works well enough. It did well against 10 pieces of malware.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
McLovin said:
Anybody want a video done of this?

If you can do it on a 64-bit machine, it would be great. Cheers :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
If you can do it on a 64-bit machine, it would be great. Cheers :D

Only had a 32 bit VM.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-BufferZone-Pro-4-00-Test?pid=38072#pid38072

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Unable to run on my host system, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.

Update: I got the message during installation, but the program is installed. Tried running BZP, but receive the same message.

Code:
Runtime error 217 at 0040A0BA

sbargay

Dec 22, 2011
This error is usually a general Windows error specifying problematic DLL registration.
If it appear during the installation it might cause BufferZone not to function properly.
You can try re-download the installer and re-run the new file - this may fix several types of corruption.

Can you please send the internal.log from under ProgramData\BufferZone to support@trustware.com for review.

Regards,
Saar

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Downloaded and ran the new installer.

I received the same error, and rebooted when prompted. Logged in and received the error again. Same thing happened when I tried to repair Bufferzone Pro 4.00.363.

No folder was created in C:\ProgramData relating to Bufferzone.

acuariano

May 16, 2011
played with it for about an hour.
wonder why it placed an icon over o&o defrag...it only sandboxed ie8...sware iron was not.
it doesn't delete contents after browsing.and browsing sometimes is a little bit slow.
and...how to turn off firewall??

sbargay

Dec 22, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Found it to be quite buggy in my VM, locking up explorer when opening folders full of EXE's and not taggin all downloads as new files. Might just be the virtual enviroment though, been meaning to give it a proper go on my real machine.

Hi MetalShaun,

We will appreciate it if you will be able to provide us some more information about your system.

On 32bit OS:
Under Program Files\Bufferzone you will find a file called "SysDump.exe", double click on that file and it will create a "report.zip" file.

On 64bit OS:
Under Program Files\Bufferzone you will find a file called "SysDump64.exe", double click on that file and it will create a "report.zip" file.

Please send us this file to support@trustware.com.

Best Regards,
Shahar Razon
Trustware Support

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
sbargay said:
MetalShaun said:

Hi MetalShaun,

We will appreciate it if you will be able to provide us some more information about your system.

On 32bit OS:
Under Program Files\Bufferzone you will find a file called "SysDump.exe", double click on that file and it will create a "report.zip" file.

On 64bit OS:
Under Program Files\Bufferzone you will find a file called "SysDump64.exe", double click on that file and it will create a "report.zip" file.

Please send us this file to support@trustware.com.

Best Regards,
Shahar Razon
Trustware Support

Ill reinstall on my VM.

Does the Application control feature tag new installers as well as new executables and scripts??? Also how secure is the 64bit version compared to the 32bit version??

Thanks for your time.
Shaun

EDIT: Email Sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.