Building IT USB Flash Drive

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
What is everyone default setup, or "must have" software for rescue USB flash drive?

What boot/tools can never miss on such hardware? Like for example I was thinking of linux/windows .ISO and on-demand scanner apps to completly strip infections. But then I started making a long list of "usefull stuff" probably mostly needed only in specific cases, but since the USB key is big enough, what would you fit in? Tool to securely erase data from user PC? Password recover tools?

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I have an old USB drive so capacity is limited to 4 Gb. Here are the bootable isos that I have

1. Windows 7 ERD
2. Hiren's v 10
3. Wary Linux with GParted.

Reactions: harlan4096

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I have this one, just with updated distros and rescue tools

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
What is the point to have Lazesoft if you have Hiren's already? I see they did a W10 version now: Download – Hiren's BootCD PE
I don't use Lazersoft anymore, Hirens Boot PE, Hirens Boot (for old machines), Kaspersky Rescue Disk (for just in case), Acronis True Image, Minitool Partition Wizard 9 Free, Spinrite, Slitaz and Windows Installers ISOs.
Everything on 16GB USB flash drive.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I don't waste time trying to fix software, I just carry my pendrive with a booteable Windows image and am always ready to format the heck out of that machine. :ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.