BullGuard 2018 release

Discussion in 'BullGuard' started by catjc, Sep 27, 2017.

1. catjc

catjc Level 1

Apr 23, 2014
    Finland
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    Official Website:
    http://www.bullguard.com/
    Sieppaa.PNG

amir 957, RoboMan, Weebarra and 7 others like this.
  2. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    #2 HarborFront, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  3. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I didn't see any improvements made in malware detection capabilities and Behaviour Blocker while I was testing new 2018 beta in VMware from 2017 version. Maybe there are noticable changes now in final version. Personally, I don't like Bullguard's UI, I can't find anything there. :rolleyes:

Weebarra, Syafiq, frogboy and 3 others like this.
  4. amico81

amico81 Level 7

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    i don't like when the security companies include bloatware like gamebooster.
    they should have their focus on security and not for other placebo tools :mad:

amir 957, Weebarra, Syafiq and 4 others like this.
  5. catjc

catjc Level 1

Apr 23, 2014
    Finland
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
  6. catjc

catjc Level 1

Apr 23, 2014
    Finland
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
  7. chabbo

chabbo Level 1

Jan 30, 2013
    Sweden
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Release Notes
    Build 18.0.340
    Updated September 27, 2017

NEW FEATURES
    * Home Network Scanner: New module that allows users to stay in control of their networks by identifying new connections and providing an overview of all the smart devices connected to them, while pointing out those that might expose the network to external threats.
    * Antivirus: Implemented a next-generation behavioural engine that analyses all the actions performed by programs and detects suspicious activity.
    * Game Booster: Enhances the gaming experience by protecting systems against frame drops caused by initialized programs that are not core to the system.

IMPROVEMENTS
    * General: Desktop application tiles have been reordered to accommodate new features.
    * Firewall: Enhanced the Firewall module by releasing an intrusion detection system that monitors networks for malicious activity or policy violations.

BUG FIXES
    * General:
    - Fixed cases of displaying an inaccurate number of Messaging Centre entries
    - Fixed instances of Skype not going into full screen video while BullGuard was open in the system tray
    - Solved instances of displaying the Firewall settings page instead of the main application screen when starting BullGuard from the system tray
    * Antivirus:
    - Fixed cases of missing text from "More details" dialogs opened from Antivirus on-access pop-ups
    - Solved cases of not deleting quarantined files
    - Fixed instances of missing on-access pop-ups for infected mails on Thunderbird 45.1.0
    - Solved cases of displaying the Antivirus tile as greyed-out on Windows Vista
    * Firewall: Solved occasional cases of Firewall crashes when uploading files to BullGuard cloud

REMOVED FEATURES
    * Spamfilter: Since filtering junk emails has become a central feature of most email services, BullGuard's Spamfilter has been discontinued, but we will continue to scan your emails for threats and malware.
    * Social Media Protection: Following Facebook's API policy changes, Social Media Protection functionalities have been greatly reduced, which led us to removing this feature.

tonibalas, Weebarra, XhenEd and 5 others like this.
  8. Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy Level 22

Apr 1, 2017
    IRAN
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I guess Eset has all of these features!

9. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    Yes, ESET has them. Also, BG did not mention they protect against advanced threats, botnets activities, SSL/HTTPS filtering etc

So I take it as 'No'

Weebarra, Syafiq and Sunshine-boy like this.
  10. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    Weebarra and Syafiq like this.
  11. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 10

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I tried Bullguard(never used it before) on an old juggernaut using Vista for about 3 weeks, and seriously guys, it was a pleasant surprise.Product is very light and responsive.Updated to the 2018 version and it's even smoother to use.

They seem to invest a lot in their behavioral engine.It's very reactive, more than products like Eset or Avast for example.People who enjoy using Emsisoft,i guess will like Bullguard.

If you like your security with some Adguard or ZAM flavors, they work flawlessly with Bullguard.:)(y)

amico81, amir 957, tonibalas and 6 others like this.
  12. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 10

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Game booster is not bloatware, it's just a game mode like many other security product. Name is different:)

catjc, Weebarra, Syafiq and 1 other person like this.
  13. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    #13 davisd, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Agreed, Bullguard is overally, very good alternative to Emsisoft. Bullguard's BB is just slightly weaker than Emsisofts and G Data's. Can't go wrong with anyone of these 3 brothers. (regular users shouldn't see much difference in malware protection capabilities, I would say it's just a users preference which product they like better/additional features/configurable settings). :)

14. In2an3_PpG

In2an3_PpG Level 11

Nov 15, 2016
    IT Jr. Network Admin
    United States
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Don't forget about Vipre. They are the 4th brother.

15. amico81

amico81 Level 7

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    There are various tests with game booster and other crap tools...the result is a performance boost from 1-2 % :ROFLMAO:

Software tuning doesn't work....just with better hardware

Yeah i think too they have improved their bb..hope to see bullguard at malwarehub

16. Weebarra

Weebarra Level 7

Apr 5, 2017
    Somewhere in Scottieland
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    I like the look of Bullguard, i think it has done pretty well in tests recently. @RoboMan has just given given me license for Kaspersky or i would have given this a go :)

catjc, spaceoctopus, RoboMan and 3 others like this.
  17. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I am not familiar with Vipre, or any company who are using them in Baltic States. But I think they and McAfee are somewhat involved in banning Kaspersky from U.S. agencies and they are also offering a 25% discount (McAfee also offers discount) for users switching from Kaspersky to Vipre. Really ugly move, if you ask me. U.S. Government Bans Use of Kaspersky Security Software in Federal Agencies - VIPRE
    They are not in my favourite AV list, but I do know they spam my mailbox very hard. :ROFLMAO: I will let others users to judge Vipre. I know that @Slyguy has a lot to say about Vipre, but this might not be the right thread to talk about it. :sneaky:

mlnevese, catjc, frogboy and 2 others like this.
  18. In2an3_PpG

In2an3_PpG Level 11

Nov 15, 2016
    IT Jr. Network Admin
    United States
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Yeah i do not want to get into the talk of the whole Kaspersky, US Goverment ordeal. I myself do not follow Vipre all that much so i did not know they had a blog as the one you attached. Thanks for sharing. :) I would love to hear what @Slyguy has to say about Vipre and his experiences if he would like to PM me. I enjoy his posts.

Lets get back to Bullguard before we both get in trouble for being off topic.

Bullguard to me looks to be a solid comeback this year then in the past. Would love to see results in the hub. Personally though i have 7 PC's i need protection for so i would have to go with their 10 PC option but $140 seems a little high.

mlnevese, catjc, spaceoctopus and 2 others like this.
  19. Weebarra

Weebarra Level 7

Apr 5, 2017
    Somewhere in Scottieland
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    @In2an3_PpG, just a note .... i was looking at US Ebay last night and they has Bullguard IS for as little as $5 / $6 for 1 pc, so for 7 pc's if you bought separate licenses it wouldn't be too much, these were all downloadable versions i believe :)

mlnevese, catjc, spaceoctopus and 3 others like this.
  20. In2an3_PpG

In2an3_PpG Level 11

Nov 15, 2016
    IT Jr. Network Admin
    United States
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Thank you, i will keep an eye out just in case i might want to switch over. :)

mlnevese, catjc, spaceoctopus and 3 others like this.