App Review BullGuard Internet Security 2017 (TEST)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I'm interested in this av. Dual engine with bitdefender. Tests from the labs are mediocre..but why? Bad behavior blocker? I dont know anybody who is using bullguard.

catjc

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
I'm interested in this av. Dual engine with bitdefender. Tests from the labs are mediocre..but why? Bad behavior blocker? I dont know anybody who is using bullguard.

Actually BullGuards behavier blocker is very good. I think Bitdefender virus definitions become delayed. BullGuard has improved in the latest tests. I look forward to the 2018 version

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Actually BullGuards behavier blocker is very good. I think Bitdefender virus definitions become delayed. BullGuard has improved in the latest tests. I look forward to the 2018 version
You're right. Added to that,they bought a company named as Novashield back then,in 2014 to enhance their behavioral engine.

BullGuard acquires NovaShield protection engine

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Indeed not many people use it, tried it 2 weeks ago. It's a very light and decent product.The behavioral protection is very reactive and doing it's job.:)(y)

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Is bullguard a dual engine ??i know Bitdefender plays in major part..with nova BB and commtouch firewall...
i have used and tested it ..one thing its pretty light (does it exist)??..no BB response at all...
in many of the forums..i have come across as u said DUAL ENGINE..
its phishing too directly connected to BD cloud(for sure)..checked it..
mostly like VIPRE ..with all Third build components around it...Never seen a single detection from their OWN ENGINE..till date...The DOG always sleeps during 0 day tests D:)
Can anyone throw light into this ?

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Bullguard has the signatures and cloud from bitdefender.
their behavior blocker (the name is SENTRY) and firewall is a own development. its not bad, but the behavior blocker needs some improvements...no comparison to the bb of gdata or emsisoft.
i like bullguard....simple, light and good av. and a really good support and developer.

Last edited:
Reactions: catjc and Faybert

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Bullguard has the signatures and cloud from bitdefender.
their behavior blocker (the name is SENTRY) and firewall is a own development. its not bad, but the behavior blockerneeds some improvements...no comparison to the bb of gdata or emsisoft.
i like bullguard....simple, light and good av. and a really good support and developer.
Seem to be TOTALLY 3rd party built in (Copy cats..;))...
Nothing on their in house..Thats the reason all their componments (never work) even though physically present...
This is where Independent vendors show their worth.
Even K7 and Quick heal racing in revamped their BB...Never expected from these Indian av firms...
I pity ..Bullguard is a Single engine..Thats it...Cyren Cyren ..rockz
bullguard.png

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Bullguard has many positives and a few negatives. Using third party engines and integrating them into a suite isn't a bad idea but doesn't always result in congruity.

Their new firewall is pretty potent (Agnitum), I found their BB to be pretty lame (MIT's NS), the Vuln scanner was very good (Secrunia). Commtouch is a very good resource for web filtration, it performed well there. The game booster actually did improve framerates by reducing background system activity so no problem there. Even the cleanup was a decent tool. My problem was the lack of exploit protection, mediocre BB and lack of HTTPS use on Updating to protect the update channel.

Otherwise it was lightweight, strong privacy, virtually no telemetry and high quality support. Bullguard is on my short list of products I like and recommend to friends/family.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.