Bunyip783's Config

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Why there isnt much drivers support for win 8.1? Is ur drivers ok?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows Defender in 8.1 is much more similar to MSE, now that it includes the Network Inspection service. Simple config for an Advanced user.

Are you returning to making more video reviews?

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
More video reviews please bunyip.
Miss your reviews mate.Hope your well.

bunyip783

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 1, 2011
purshupro said:
Why there isnt much drivers support for win 8.1? Is ur drivers ok?

My drivers seem to be working well so far. Regularly check them for updates though.

bunyip783

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 1, 2011
Earth said:
Windows Defender in 8.1 is much more similar to MSE, now that it includes the Network Inspection service. Simple config for an Advanced user.

Are you returning to making more video reviews?

It's just a new laptop so at the moment this seems to be fine. And yes, since it's the end of the year lots of free time to do reviews :).

Amiga500 said:
More video reviews please bunyip.
Miss your reviews mate.Hope your well.

I'm well thank you! Will be posting videos every few days now :). Just need time to gather samples.

bunyip783

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 1, 2011
Just won ESET in a daily give away so added that instead of windows defender and windows firewall. System feels even lighter surprisingly! :)

- windows defender
- windows firewall
+ ESET Smart Security

bunyip783

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 1, 2011
Had false positives with ESET so I uninstalled it and reactivated windows defender.

- ESET Smart Security
+ Windows defender
+ Windows firewall

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
bunyip783 said:
Had false positives with ESET so I uninstalled it and reactivated windows defender.

- ESET Smart Security
+ Windows defender
+ Windows firewall

Were the FP serious, like system files, or something else? Most of the time ESET is one of the AV vendors with the least % of FP, together with MSE/Windows Defender.
Without wanting to sound intrusive - if you decide that the ESS license is of no use to you any more, I'm looking for 1 to put it on my main machine.

bunyip783

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 1, 2011
normalizerx said:
bunyip783 said:

- ESET Smart Security
+ Windows defender
+ Windows firewall

Were the FP serious, like system files, or something else? Most of the time ESET is one of the AV vendors with the least % of FP, together with MSE/Windows Defender.
Without wanting to sound intrusive - if you decide that the ESS license is of no use to you any more, I'm looking for 1 to put it on my main machine.
Upon uploading the file to virus total and investigating it myself I can say with certainty that the file was a false positive. No, it was not a system file.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
[/quote]
Upon uploading the file to virus total and investigating it myself I can say with certainty that the file was a false positive. No, it was not a system file.
[/quote]

Well then it is not a big problem, you can simply add it to exclusions. I think you'd be better protected with ESS than with Windows Defender and the built-in firewall. But that's just my opinion.

bunyip783

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 1, 2011
If I had been using the product for years and had no issues until just now I would have done just that. I have only been using it for under a week and ran into this so I decided I just wouldn't bother. Never had any problems with Windows defender and I can avoid malware myself easily anyways.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.