Question Cambridge Analytica settlement cash - Is this legitimate?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018

they asked for my paypal.

thanks in advance.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It is difficult to determine the legitimacy of a website or settlement without further information. However, in general, you should exercise caution when providing personal and financial information online. It is recommended that you do some research on the website and the settlement before proceeding. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of the website or settlement, you can contact your local consumer protection agency or seek legal advice.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

they asked for my paypal.

thanks in advance.
Hey @Brie
Yes, it's real. Read this article from Malwarebytes: US Facebook users can now claim Cambridge Analytica settlement cash
I'm sure that a lot of scams will arise from this, but this is legitimate as said in the Malwarebytes article. Always double-check the site URL and the email adress, if in doubt don't hesitate to ask.
URL:
Code:
https://facebookuserprivacysettlement.com/#submit-claim
Email:
Code:
 confirmation@facebookuserprivacysettlement.com
As part of the settlement, US Facebook users—those still active and those who have already deleted their accounts—will be compensated financially. CNN points potentially affected and eligible users to this claim form.

It takes only a few minutes to complete. Although the form asks for personal information, it clarifies that what users provide "will be processed only for purposes of effectuating the settlement."

easset_upload_file58268_264370_e.png

Because of the amounts of money involved, and the personal information required to make a claim, readers are advised to be careful of imposter claim forms and websites asking for their details.

Furthermore, claimants are advised to whitelist the email address, confirmation@facebookuserprivacysettlement.com, to ensure they receive future correspondence from the settlement administrator should they need to get in touch.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
Hey @Brie
Yes, it's real. Read this article from Malwarebytes: US Facebook users can now claim Cambridge Analytica settlement cash
I'm sure that a lot of scams will arise from this, but this is legitimate as said in the Malwarebytes article. Always double-check the site URL and the email adress, if in doubt don't hesitate to ask.
URL:
Code:
https://facebookuserprivacysettlement.com/#submit-claim
Email:
Code:
 confirmation@facebookuserprivacysettlement.com
thank you both. i could not find it on a google search. i searched In
ht t ps : / / facebookuserprivacysettlement . com / #submit-claim

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.