upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
XzvK0gDg_o.jpg

Over the past several months, Cambridge Analytica has been the subject of numerous unfounded accusations and, despite the company's efforts to correct the record, has been vilified for activities that are not only legal, but also widely accepted as a standard component of online advertising in both the political and commercial arenas," it said.
"Despite Cambridge Analytica's unwavering confidence that its employees have acted ethically and lawfully... the siege of media coverage has driven away virtually all of the company's customers and suppliers. "As a result, it has been determined that it is no longer viable to continue operating the business."

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
This is a first for me. Don't ever remember a company being shut down this way.

Nothing against the employees who are out of a job, but I feel like the world became a little bit of a better place with this news lol. Too much authority and unmonitored power in these kinds of companies, and it feels like there are a million of them.

Thanks for the news @upnorth

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thx @mekelek

Anyone read the article? Is it me or are these guys testing their luck here? I mean previous director of CA is on videotape claiming he can manipulate elections and extort candidates? Wow, not sure why, but I don't think the story will go away honestly. I was actually a little bit surprised they went so far as to shut down CA, but this move so quickly kind of feels strange with all the powerful people around and involved...

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The important thing to note here is that although the CEO, etc can be held liable in a "Criminal" action (and there was no crime here), in a "Civil" action ONLY the Corporate entity can be held liable. But if the company is dissolved no Civil action can be brought (kind of like trying a corpse for murder).

So these guys can now command higher fees at their new venture due to this publicity! Pretty cool, no?

And the great unwashed masses will in a few weeks move on to the important questions like the existance of UFO's. whether the Earth is Flat, and why should CCLeaner be trusted...

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Well, they can shove their new company legal papers where the sun doesn't shine. Then they can do the same with all the digital documents containing people's data they paid for.
No lube!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.