Can common sense replace security?

LochNess

Apr 2, 2011
I think common sense in many instances, may be as/or more useful in protection but I still want my 'steel doors' and 'barbed wire', but of course that could also be deemed as using good sense...

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
bogdan said:
It is not a perfect solution. I want a bit more advanced features (security zones, for example - only available in the payed version) Also notice that System/Core application protection is also only available in the payed version. I don't know if this is related to the fact that executables in system folders trying to connect to the Internet didn't generate a pop-up when I first tried it out.

Edit: The FAQ clarified my problem:
The Free version can not protect "system" applications, formally located in C:\windows\*. So, the Free version blocks any initial network access attempts of the "system" applications (as explained above), forcibly/implicitly sets "EnableAll" zone to the applications implicitly always and prompts you with "Now Enabled:" in the notification balloon. The behavior provides system/network related services with unlimited network access.
Could you name the Windows folder something else or does it use a %windir% search for that?
System applications are the most targeted for network malware, so preventing protection from them is a bad idea.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.