Question Can someone report these 2 files to Kaspersky?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
There are 3 files related here, 1 is detected by Kaspersky, the others arent. These are part of Medusa Stealer and have tons of detections.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing the link. To report the files to Kaspersky, please visit their official website or contact their support directly. They will investigate the files and take appropriate actions if necessary.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I've reported 2 of the files, the other one I could not find...
I found the samples and downloaded them, MD blocked and wouldn't let me download, even zipped file with password, I had to disable all MD protection for me to download, CF already blocked as soon as I ran and deleted and went into the sandbox. Bitdefender as soon as I extracted the zipped sample it was already detected and deleted. Checking on VT, Jotti and others, most AVs already detect it, which is good news.(y)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I got those 2:

1688452175087.png

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
That, actually there are three, as reported by @Xeno1234 they are 2 trojan being either Medusa or another is ransomware that I am not sure if it is related to medusa, it was hard to find the N3 sample because I did not have much information but all were detected without any problems. For kaspersky it would not be a problem, if you have KSN active it is very rare to fail unless the person refuses to agree to participate in KSN.:)

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
That, actually there are three, as reported by @Xeno1234 they are 2 trojan being either Medusa or another is ransomware that I am not sure if it is related to medusa, it was hard to find the N3 sample because I did not have much information but all were detected without any problems. For kaspersky it would not be a problem, if you have KSN active it is very rare to fail unless the person refuses to agree to participate in KSN.:)
Got past Bitdefender which is also a good AV, thats why I was kinda worried.

Those are the ones undetected by Kaspersky. The other was detected via I believe System Watcher and has a UDS detection

Wait Kaspersky got all 3 without signatures?

Reactions: piquiteco

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.