Can someone suggest me alternative to rollbackrx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Lol I am not fussy and i don't need other software then rollback rx and its work gr8 on my pc but my friend who do online banking afraid of software which flagged as threat by Hitman pro

Edit:I have convinced him for using Rollback RX Trial :D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Stranger said:
Lol I am not fussy and i don't need other software then rollback rx and its work gr8 on my pc but my friend who do online banking afraid of software which flagged as threat by Hitman pro

Anything that messes with the MBR is going to be suspect by your security software. Rollback software tends to replace the Windows MBR with its own.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
HeffeD said:
Stranger said:

Anything that messes with the MBR is going to be suspect by your security software. Rollback software tends to replace the Windows MBR with its own.

not whole lot of software detect it as threat but few who are too cautious and with lots of FP :D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Stranger said:
not whole lot of software detect it as threat but few who are too cautious and with lots of FP :D

Anything that scans for rootkits should pick it up as a PUP.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
HeffeD said:
Stranger said:

will confirm it after I will test it with some av with rootkit scan like avira and kaspersky

D

Deleted member 178

HeffeD said:

I agree , also some stuff that allow to install non-signed drivers on Win7 are also flagged as malwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.