can you help me to analyze this file please?

W

Wave

hi @Wave could you provide more info about sandboxie security when you have time and get healty? also link could be enough.
thank you.
don't worry about developers, the truth must be known
These contain some additional information as well, mostly exclusive about Sandboxie:
Video Review - Comodo FW bypass malware the sandbox (sandbox hips off + on) and voodooshield (autopilot)

Video Review - Comodo FW bypass malware the sandbox (sandbox hips off + on) and voodooshield (autopilot)

That being said, I am currently working on an e-book to post here one day, and if I have extra free time once it is complete to my expected standards, I can go back and add a section about sandboxing.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Your IP address becomes exposed to many sites every day when you are browsing, like MalwareTips for example. Chances are nothing will happen, and there is no guarantee that the sample is even actually malicious yet
But remember to keep all testing within a Virtual Environment or a dedicated malware analysis system. Remember that data theft can still occur within the analysis environment, also.
Thanks Wave , i will never forget it!

, I said Riskware as a temporary place-holder since I did not do a full analysis for specific reasons, but Avira will tell me their verdict soon.
is avira so good ? i was thinking in the past to switch antivirus from eset to avira
thanks
Take care:)

W

Wave

is avira so good ? i was thinking in the past to switch antivirus from eset to avira
thanks
Avira is mostly built in signature detection, ESET offers additional protection features such as HIPS. I do not recommend switching from ESET to Avira, I personally think ESET is much more reliable but this is entirely based on my own personal opinions/experience.

Avira also have the "bloatware" launcher which can become very irritating, an outdated Win32 GUI (IMO).

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Avira is mostly built in signature detection, ESET offers additional protection features such as HIPS. I do not recommend switching from ESET to Avira, I personally think ESET is much more reliable but this is entirely based on my own personal opinions/experience.

Avira also have the "bloatware" launcher which can become very irritating, an outdated Win32 GUI (IMO).
hi
but you told me you have sent the program to avira for analysis ,yes?
take care

W

Wave

hi
but you told me you have sent the program to avira for analysis ,yes?
take care
Yes, I sent the program to Avira for analysis, but this doesn't affect the product capabilities or mean Avira is any better than other vendors' products.

They responded saying the sample was clean; I believe it is a crack for the Postbox software. This doesn't mean the sample really is clean, but they're analysts had a clean verdict... Try submitting to other vendors and see what they reply.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Yes, I sent the program to Avira for analysis, but this doesn't affect the product capabilities or mean Avira is any better than other vendors' products.
hi
but i can't send anyfile file to eset for analysis , at least they will never answer to me :(

Reactions: SHvFl

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.