Cant recover my photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
A couple of hours ago, i was organizing my photos in folders, and accidentally i move a picture to a folder, but instead of put it in the folder i replace the folder with the picture (dont know why this happen). So i have 2 programms in my pc Recuva and MiniTool Power Data Recovery 7.0, neither one of us recognizes my phone but i can see the folders and stuffs from my pc.

How can i make to this programms recognize my android phone?

Reactions: Weebarra
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

A couple of hours ago, i was organizing my photos in folders, and accidentally i move a picture to a folder, but instead of put it in the folder i replace the folder with the picture (dont know why this happen). So i have 2 programms in my pc Recuva and MiniTool Power Data Recovery 7.0, neither one of us recognizes my phone but i can see the folders and stuffs from my pc.

How can i make to this programms recognize my android phone?

First, I recommend paying for a zero-knowledge cloud service like Sync.com that auto-backs up your photos/videos to their 3x encrypted cloud. No possible way to lose a photo in the future.

Second, once you've got a plan in place to prevent future tragedy, get DiskDigger. You'll thank me later.

DiskDigger photo recovery - Android Apps on Google Play

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

The problem is, you may have overwrote the directory itself, destroying the tree. It's one thing to delete photos, it's another to overwrite a directory.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Yes, i think i did that, i overwrite the folder with the photos. For that i try to use recuva but didnt recognize my phone.

Reactions: Weebarra
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Yes, i think i did that, i overwrite the folder with the photos. For that i try to use recuva but didnt recognize my phone.

Recuva won't work. Android uses EXT (4) file system which is a Unix derivative. If none of the Android recovery tools work you could boot into a Linux Distro and using something like extundelete. Or look around for a Windows based EXT4 undelete tool. R-Linux has one for free.

Free data recovery software download

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Recuva won't work. Android uses EXT (4) file system which is a Unix derivative. If none of the Android recovery tools work you could boot into a Linux Distro and using something like extundelete. Or look around for a Windows based EXT4 undelete tool. R-Linux has one for free.

Free data recovery software download
So i need linux to try to recover my files? i try to root my phone and use diskdigger, but i failed to root and i dont want to brick my phone... so im kinda lost. Still i couldnt do anything with any program, because my phone doesnt show as a drive but as portable device

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

So i need linux to try to recover my files? i try to root my phone and use diskdigger, but i failed to root and i dont want to brick my phone... so im kinda lost. Still i couldnt do anything with any program, because my phone doesnt show as a drive but as portable device

Why would you try to root your phone? You are just going to destroy more data.. Please read what I said more carefully. I already gave you 3 different options, including a Windows based solution.....

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Why would you try to root your phone? You are just going to destroy more data.. Please read what I said more carefully. I already gave you 3 different options, including a Windows based solution.....
Because none of the programs detect my phone as a drive, to try a recover... And DiskDigger have an option with root that is more effective, so i try that, because the other option says that only look in cache or something...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Use R-Linux for windows. It will open your phone like a drive in EXT format and allow file recovery. If nothing is there, you've overwrote the photos.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
I already try R-Linux for windows and dont detect my phone as a drive (like all the other programs). When i remove hardware safely it doesnt show a drive either, it show a phone icon with MTP name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.