Cdn.bitmedianetwork.com warning! Is my PC infected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulyo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2013
Hello friends .

I am facing problem since 17/11/2014 . Whenever i open Utorrent, ESET antivirus 7 shows me following message :-

Isy1weS.jpg

This message appears continuously till i close Utorrent. I also scan pc for infection but not detected any virus.

Can any one help me please ?

Sorry if i post in wrong section . Mods please move this thread to appropriate section .

Thanks & Regards

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello friends .

I am facing problem since 17/11/2014 . Whenever i open Utorrent, ESET antivirus 7 shows me following message :-

Isy1weS.jpg

This message appears continuously till i close Utorrent. I also scan pc for infection but not detected any virus.

Can any one help me please ?

Sorry if i post in wrong section . Mods please move this thread to appropriate section .

Thanks & Regards
Hello,
Your PC is not infected. Cdn.bitmedianetwork.com is used by uTorrent to fetch ads, which will be displayed in the program itself.
34.jpg

Bitmedianetwork.com is an advertising network used by BitTorrent to display ads.

However, for your peace of mind, you can run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro, but your PC should be clean if you are seeing these alert only when you open or use uTorrent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.