Choosing your new phone - What's most important for you?

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What do you analyze before buying a new mobile device? Do you look for actual quality or you just go for low price for a good product? Do you look for new phones or you go with the good oldie ones? Do you wait for a new phone to lower its price before buying it?

What would you recommend a noob user to do when buying a new mobile device?

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I ticked Hardware, Software and Price.
In order (the most important being at the top), these are the most important to me:
Hardware
Price
Software

The company's reputation does play a part when buying a new phone, but it isn't anywhere near as important as the other factors that actually have to do with the phone I'll be getting.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi,
iPhone 5s si the first and only smartphone I have ever had.

But if i had fo but a new smartphone i would look at hw but also at sw. Because I want I smartphone that stay fast as long as possible. So prefer for example Android stock or quite stock .

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What would you recommend a noob user to do when buying a new mobile device?
Find out which mobile OS best fits your needs.

Example;
If you use macOS at home, then you may consider an iPhone 6 or newer, but without ruling out Android.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hardware and Software.

A decent smartphone should both meet by user preferences; because it is not practical where a high rated hardware could not maximize the OS available.

Minimum practical specifications.

1) 3GB as minimum, instead of 2GB due to possible of bloatware.
2) OS should meet better version in order to maximize the performance and its reliability.

So price will correspond because of quality.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
For me it's based of the hardware it's running and if I buy that phone will it be strong for 2 years of use. As it comes for software I like to explore different versions of Android which happens to be my favourite platform but from what I see and have seen the new Google Pixel is shaping up to be a very good phone. Last comes down to price, the price for me is a factor but not as much of a big deal. If you're wanting high end specs expect to pay a high end price.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
The first thing I check is of developer interest in XDA and then value for money. Everything else is of less important to me. (Obviously i phone is a big no no to me).

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hardware & Company reputation, Why ?
Because the rest are evolving variables (ever changing ) and not a constant. ;)
Software gets add all the time, and Prices drop so these should not be a determining factor.

Reactions: RoboMan
D

Deleted member 178

1- Hardware
2- software
3- price

i dont care the company, im actually using a 5 years old phone from a korean company (Sky aka Pantech) that perform better than Samsung phones (before the Note 7 fiasco ^^ )

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.