ElectricSheep

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Anyone had this problem recently?

All my Chrome extensions vanished, including Https Everywhere, uBlock, etc for some unknown reason.
I've since re-installed them, but can anyone shed any light as to why they all vanished just like that? Didn't un-install them or anything like that, most peculiar (and my system's clean)
:eek:

Reactions: shmu26 and Kent

emretinaztepe

Feb 18, 2015
You probably checked "ZAM > Settings > Advanced > Show All Browser Extensions" option?

In the latest version, we made it difficult to select this option and have added more information about it and also put a big warning. We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is a useful feature if our cloud AVs does not detect an annoying toolbar. With this option enabled, these toolbars can be reviewed and removed by experts.

MaxiMaster711YT

Jan 30, 2018
all but 3 (adblock, super chrome and mlg-ifier) disappeared, including tabby cat, meow the cat pet, mlg rain, mlg airhorn and nyoogle (nyoogle, for different reasons)
and I'M SUPER PISSED OFF ABOUT IT

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Chrome syncs your settings between all your devices, so if you uninstalled or disabled extensions -- or installed new ones -- that can and will carry over to other devices, if you use the same Chrome identity. I have found the syncing of extensions to be a little inconsistent. Either that, or I still haven't figured out how exactly it works.

Check your list of extensions. They might still be there, and you just need to enable them.

Reactions: ElectricSheep
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.