Chromebook malware message from jammennaps

TMB1962

Thread author
Dec 15, 2022
I was on facebook marketplace looking for an rv because husband has kicked me out and I'm done.Anyways I keep getting different popups from jammennaps.com that say various different system have been attacked. I'm not real computer savvy and there is another one. say chrome browser security alert chrome security alert your browser was logged into from russia and ip address . Serveral other different messages took screen shots of some. Please help My name is
Tina and this is chromebook acer 315

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @TMB1962,

You are using Google Chrome as your browser, right? Let's reset your browser to its default settings:

1. Click the three dots in the top-right corner and click on “Settings”.
    Open Chrome and click on the menu button (represented by three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the window. In the dropdown menu that opens, click “Settings“.
    Click on the Chrome menu button then on the Settings button
  2. Click “Advanced”.
    Chrome’s “Settings” should now be displayed in a new tab or window, depending on your configuration. In the left sidebar, click on the “Advanced” link.
    Click on the Advanced link
  3. Click “Reset and clean up”.
    In the left sidebar, under the “Advanced” section, click on “Reset and clean up“.
    Click Reset and clean up button
  4. Click “Reset settings to their original defaults”.
    In the main window, the “Reset and clean up” section is visible, as shown in the screenshot below. Click on “Reset settings to their original defaults“.
    Click on Reset settings to their original defaults
  5. Click “Reset settings”.
    A confirmation dialog will now be displayed, detailing the components that will be restored to their default state should you continue with the reset process. To complete the restoration process, click on the “Reset settings” button.
    Click on Reset Settings to restore Google Chrome to its default settings

Let me know if you're still seeing pop-up ads from that site.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.