App Review CIS 5.8 beta test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
there the link :

by Rynesandbergfan23, we are famous now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

Thread author
I would say it is looking pretty good for first public beta.. Comodo is well aware of the sandbox issue, and a fix is supposed to be in the works. I personally run the sandbox on restricted, not a chance of this happening.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Apparently VM's break 5.8 and some of its functions. You will not see true performance from VM tests. I'm unsure if these tests were done on a clean computer or a VM.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Hungry Man said:
Apparently VM's break 5.8 and some of its functions. You will not see true performance from VM tests. I'm unsure if these tests were done on a clean computer or a VM.

It depends on the VM. VirtualBox has always been incompatible with CIS.

A quote from Egemen. (Lead developer)
WARNING: CIS does not work properly in VirtualBox because of the limitations imposed by this virtual machine(Vectored Exceptions fail). So please test it with another VM software.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Ah, thanks. Well I know on my 32bit XP VM it was completely broken. And on my Win7 VM it worked but it may not have been acting as it should.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Hungry Man said:
Well I know on my 32bit XP VM it was completely broken.

What was completely broken? My testing VM is 32-bit Win XP Pro SP3. (VMWare) Aside from a few issues before the public release, 5.8 has been working well. Are you using VirtualBox?

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
I was using VirtualBox and the entire program was broken. I started getting constant alerts with no end in sight and Windows Update and IE would no longer work. I restarted and Comodo Beta didn't start up with the computer. When it did start the same problems occurred.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
OK, yes, that would be a VirtualBox issue. Unless they decide to fix it, CIS is always going to be problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.