Status
Not open for further replies.

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Classic Shell is free software that improves your productivity, enhances the usability of Windows and empowers you to use the computer the way you like it. The main features are:

• Highly customizable start menu with multiple styles and skins
  • Quick access to recent, frequently-used, or pinned programs
  • Find programs, settings, files and documents
  • Start button for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer
  • Caption and status bar for Internet Explorer

DOWNLOAD LINK

RECOMMENDED SETTINGS
  • During installation disable some features as shown below

• Disable “Classic Explorer”, “Classic IE”, “Classic Shell Update” as shown below

• Open “Settings” by right clicking on windows icon

• Tick “Show all settings

• Select “Cascading sub-menu

• Set ” Max recent programs” to “30
  • Tick “Sort by name
  • Set “max items in jumplists” to “30

• Set “program pane width” to “60
  • Set “Jumplist pane width” to “120

• Untick “Highlight newly installed programs
  • Check that “Menu delay” is set to “400”

• Tick “Small Icons
  • Click “OK

D

Deleted member 178

I dont see the advantages of it, the new Start of Win10 , allow you to duplicate the classic Win 7 start at 90%. You just consume more resources and i don't talk about potential exploits on it.
ahhhh desktop customization... afford nothing but please the eyes and make people feel unique :D

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I dont see the advantages of it, the new Start of Win10 , allow you to duplicate the classic Win 7 start at 90%. You just consume more resources and i don't talk about potential exploits on it.
ahhhh desktop customization... afford nothing but please the eyes and make people feel unique :D
You have the right idea, its about making it your own, not everyone wants to be a sheep in the flock :) If you have a solid Config, why not put it to the test lol
There you go loosing you sense of adventure again :p

D

Deleted member 178

on Win7 i did a lot of customization, my whole OS was almost glassy , everything transparent :p

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
That's not easy to do either true glass apps and tweaks are (were) hard to find. Winaero did a good job for some of it but it took alot of other bits and pieces to make the whole system glass,
and even then there were some pesky areas that refused to stay glassed. I can relate I too loved everything I could glass lol

D

Deleted member 178

My VMized glassified Win7 :D

Untitled.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Very Awesome Umbra
Better quit it, your gonna make me breakout the Windows Blinds and the Dragon theme (it's animated too) :p
Actually i dont know if Windows Blinds works on Win10, its been awhile lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.