CleanMyPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I heard this software often and seems legitimate; no unnecessary gimmicks; just pure cleaning software.

Check the review reference at PC Mag

PROS
Effective, system-enhancing tools. Simple, easy-to-navigate interface. Useful file shredder and program uninstaller.

CONS
Lacks a back-up tool. Doesn't supply detailed information about the software it wants to uninstall.

BOTTOM LINE
CleanMyPC has the chops to reinvigorate a junked-up PC, but it doesn't tell you much about the software it wants to remove.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I heard this software often and seems legitimate; no unnecessary gimmicks; just pure cleaning software.

Check the review reference at PC Mag

PROS
Effective, system-enhancing tools. Simple, easy-to-navigate interface. Useful file shredder and program uninstaller.

CONS
Lacks a back-up tool. Doesn't supply detailed information about the software it wants to uninstall.

BOTTOM LINE
CleanMyPC has the chops to reinvigorate a junked-up PC, but it doesn't tell you much about the software it wants to remove.
That is a very old 2013 review, not sure it means much now. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@frogboy: Seems the source from PC Mag stated on "OCTOBER 28, 2016" and the interface is likely same compare on the website's screenshot. *

On the other hand, users may already have grasp idea on how the product perform. :)

* The comments are been posted like 2 years ago although the UI remains the same.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Macpaw is the company developing CleanMyMac, which is one of the most known cleaning softare for mac. I don't use it because CleanMyMac does not worth it in my opinion, but it's a reliable company that you can trust to give it a try.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Macpaw is the company developing CleanMyMac, which is one of the most known cleaning softare for mac. I don't use it because CleanMyMac does not worth it in my opinion, but it's a reliable company that you can trust to give it a try.

Not so sure about that. Apple forums specifically calling the software "scamware" and "unnecessary".

You're better off using CCleaner or nothing.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Not so sure about that. Apple forums specifically calling the software "scamware" and "unnecessary".

You're better off using CCleaner or nothing.
Cleaning software in mac is completely unnecesary. You'll find that all cleaning suites are useless for OS X users in forums, including me, but MacPaw's software is safe, and, although I didn't tried CleanMyPc, MacPaw has some interesting encrypting tools actually.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
You are bound to get some mixed replies on this issue. I can only speak for myself. i have used Clean My Mac since inception across desktop and laptop Macs and I have never had a problem with it but like all tools it can be misused but that applies to Onyx which I have also used. Clean My Mac 3 is however a potentially more dangerous app than the previous versions because it allows you to run what it calls Maintenance scripts. These are combined task programs to repair permissions, empty system caches and reindex Spotlight and Mail data bases. It also instals a toolbar menu which offers to Force Quit unresponsive apps and free up system memory.
So a little bit like Onyx it can do a basic (default) set of tasks very well using default settings but once you start mucking around with advanced setting thers no telling what you might do albeit accidentally.
What Clean My Mac does very well is the "Smart Cleanup" which empties all your system Junk including iPhoto, Photo, iTunes and Trash bins. It does a good job of removing apps and all associated files for that app and provides a good review of old, large and unused apps that you may have forgotten about using a number of different filters like size and last used dates.
For all other actions like Force Quit and Permissions Repair I prefer to use the native software.

The New, Improved CleanMyMac 3 | Mac Forums

Reactions: DardiM

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I read about CleanMyMac in a official forum/site of tech here in Portugal, its safe to use
Its a good tool, but I think Mac don't need software like that...but I use the encrypto software and it's pretty simple and usefull for me

Reactions: ttto
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.