• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noxx

Thread author
Only if the full date is spelled out (IE: Monday, March 14, 2016, 1:38 PM CST, or w/e). Maybe you could have an option to customize it in accordance with your time zone. Otherwise I have no problem taking .5 seconds to look at it on my desktop, lol. The difference in that scenario is I don't know the actual day of the week unless I click a few extra mouse buttons, so in that instance, an MT clock could be useful.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
There's plenty of sites that give you world times and stuff like that, handy when trying to convert times for events in other parts of the world to your own time:)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Personally I think that this is a waste of time when you have the time in the bottom left hand corner of your computer. What would be cool is having the a clock of server time on the website like it had/did while MalwareTips was using MyBB.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I dunno- I personally want a personal clock for each registered member telling you what time they are at in your moment. This way you know if that person is likely to be active or snoozing about.

I also want to see an activity status like if they frequently post, maybe "frequent poster" or if they post less and take longer breaks between posts so we csn also see when they might reply to your pm or other form of communication

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It makes few things easy.
Like I am from India. So I get to know easily that ok its so & so time here & MT time is so & so.
Like one time I was free the whole day & was on the net whole day & that day also was the announcement of one of the giveaways results. But nothing happened & neither the giveaway was locked as that was the end day of the giveaway. So I thought the time difference, may be we are ahead & where MT is located is behind, etc...

Comodo has time on their website. I was kinda regular visitor. So when they mentioned so & so product will released on so & so date, from the forum experience & time on the website I knew that by my time/date I should look for the release at night or a day later.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its not an unnecessary feature but rather good additional for the forum appearance.

Currently time and date is only use for log information, so why not have it because many visitors aware on the time.

Reactions: scot
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
What about installing an extension or add-on to your current browser, if supported and available.
I suggested the option coz its easy to know the current MT time/day & difference in time/day with one's country, etc...

Not a prob for me & was just a suggestion for above info, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.