Clone admin with all tweaks and change it to SUA possible?

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Hi, is there any way to get a standard user account (SUA) where your admin account
settings (like mousescrollspeed, saved aimp radiostations, disabled onedrive and so on....) are also 1:1 transferred?
I wanted to try working on SUA. So i created a SUA with my admin account, logged out of admin and in to SUA, only to find
out that i would have to tweak lots of settings again. It's NOT about copying documents or such it's about
settings applied to the installed programs
. Like that the logitech software settings are 1:1 cloned and so on.
Before i spent hours to get things the way the were on admin is there a easier way (if possible without 3. party apps)?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm sure it is possible, but I have not looked it up.

Creating a new user account implies it's a new account with default settings.

You could always create a new Admin account, then convert the old Admin to a Standard user.

If you use Windows 10 Pro, you can use the Group Policy Editor to system-wide disable OneDrive etc.

Correct if wrong, but if AIMP is installed to the local user and not Program Files, then it's limited to that user.

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Spawn That's why i hoped for a "clone" not "create" possibility . For aimp and lots of other programs when i created a SUA account the programs
were there (and i could use them), but aimp missed the bookmarked radiostations, firefox was at default settings.....
Will try the second admin and downgrading then. Thanks alot :)

Reactions: oldschool

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Kwan ST Atm i have done the downgrade from admin thingy. If it doesn't work the way i hope i will give the program you mentioned a try.

L

Local Host

That is set by the Software itself, since you looking for specific Software settings. The developer that chooses if they want the settings shared between accounts or private.
By default they set to private in %APPDATA%, for public %PROGRAMDATA% is used.

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
The developer that chooses if they want the settings shared between accounts or private.
Last software install was a few month ago and i totally forgot that :D Always happy to learn new things. Would never thought that that was the reason (SUA beginner)
Finally something i can't blame on windows 10 ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.