CMC Antivirus

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
PS. It's rather difficult to find a CMC detection on VT, so the detection rate must be far from stellar. Still, they were all unique.

I found just the opposite. However all CMC' detections were Virus.Win32.Sailty!O. Almost all samples submitted to VT were never seen before or maybe just altered enough to cause a different hash. I have not installed CMC to check on it's own, I have only used VT.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I found just the opposite. However all CMC' detections were Virus.Win32.Sailty!O. Almost all samples submitted to VT were never seen before or maybe just altered enough to cause a different hash. I have not installed CMC to check on it's own, I have only used VT.
Yes..may be tweaking samples or detections from BKAV (Bachkova) along side VT...Both are vietnam based
Bkav is the emperor of Fp's...that may give some form to CMS detections
Wiki caters quite amount +ve to CMC CMC InfoSec – Wikipedia tiếng Việt

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Yes..may be tweaking samples or detections from BKAV (Bachkova) along side VT...Both are vietnam based
Bkav is the emperor of Fp's...that may give some form to CMS detections

Yes if 25 other av's detect the same samples generically, these must be really good FP samples lol

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Yes if 25 other av's detect the same samples generically, these must be really good FP samples lol
hmm...2 million users already..with a good DB....
Bkav is their source mostly LOL
Every 5 min updates..:rolleyes::rolleyes:...seems to be really phishy..
VT + Bkav = Cmc AV

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
hmm...2 million users already..with a good DB....
Bkav is their source mostly LOL
Every 5 min updates..:rolleyes::rolleyes:...seems to be really phishy..
VT + Bkav = Cmc AV

Yes you seem to be correct. Every file detected by CMC was detected by BKav

Reactions: Mahesh Sudula
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.