Basic Security CMLew Security Config

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Creating my new 2018 security config.
- Basically EAM, Heimdal PRO (previously HPM.A) and Adguard covers most of my needs.
- Zemana for on-demand scanning
- Firefox for Banking while Chrome for General Use.
- Tor is for "other uses" :ROFLMAO: when paired with Windscribe VPN.

Some of the productivity software I used includes:-
- PdfXchange Editor / pdfArchitect Pro
- LibreOffice
- WPS Office Business
- VLC Media Player
- ACDSee Pro

I tried to avoid Ms and Adobe as much as I could; with the exception of Skype (sigh...)

T

TrinitronMSDOS

Very good config. If it works fine for you, i don't think it's necessary overkill. I'm using a config more or less similar to yours (EAM + AdGuard + GlassWire Firewall + Heimdal Pro) and it's actually lighter than Windows Defender alone on my computers. My 2 PCs are pretty average (i5, 8gb RAM, Intel Graphic HD 5000, SSD for the OS) but my son has also a gaming rig.

Thanks for the share (y)

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Very good config. If it works fine for you, i don't think it's necessary overkill. I'm using a config more or less similar to yours (EAM + AdGuard + GlassWire Firewall + Heimdal Pro) and it's actually lighter than Windows Defender alone on my computers. My 2 PCs are pretty average (i5, 8gb RAM, Intel Graphic HD 5000, SSD for the OS) but my son has also a gaming rig.

Thanks for the share (y)

Thanks!

Im using an ultrabook (Core M, 4GB, 128GB SSD). Which is why I pretty ok to run those on a limited resources I got. Nevertheless start-up speed is still optimal (around 6-7 secs after Heimdal installed)

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Update:
With the new laptop on hand, I revamp my config to a more basic one.
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware (core security)
- Shadow Defender (shadow mode always on unless requires window update).
- Adguard (get rid pesky ads)
- Binisoft WFC (got used to traffic control)
- AOMEI Backupper (for usual backup routine)

Also create a limited user account for general purpose.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@CMLew: please kindly edit Your config and fill again all the fields that were lost with the forum update, thanks :)

Reactions: JM Safe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.