Combofix's Security Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combofix

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 12, 2015
I use Comodo as like Firewall , Defence + and Autosandbox with man in the middle protection, Zemana Antilogger realtime scanner with 360 Total Securtiy QVM engine and at the same time I use to System Utilities from 360TS tools.

Reactions: shukla44

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hmm... Addons => Ublock origin, http-everywhere, Noscript atleast those addons. On demand scanners few more, like => EEK, ZAL...edit: You already have a ZAL, Hitmanpro.
Preferred search engines for paranoid peole => Ixquick,DDG.

Welcome to MT :)

Combofix

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 12, 2015
Ublock origin i guess its same with Comodo Uadblocker but generaly i use opera in the sandbox and it has self vpn ,adblocker and other security things. When i want to ondemand scan to system i use 360TS all engines + ZAL and CCE but it takes so long time :D I prefered google because it connected my many things and it can be easy to logins , much more result , true and fast search and i can manage it .I dont worry about my privacy already everyone knows everything :D everyone storage our information their servers so i think DDG or anything else dont clean our tracks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Testing security software with malware on your host PC is strongly discouraged. Your actions pose a risk to other devices connected to your home network, as well as your own Identity.

It's no surprise that I have awarded you with the Risky prefix.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
1) Never test malware on your machine... Ever!

2) Zemana is redundant if you already have comodo and Qihoo. Comodo firewall and hips plus Qihoo behavior blocking and signatures are pretty good for a free config. Not sure why you use zemana. I advise you get rid of it, it's just taking up system resources.

3) Never heard of google passwords as a password manager. Looked it up, nothing came up. I think you mean you save your passwords on chrome or something like that. That is not a password manager, that just remembers you using cookies. LastPass is a password manager.

4) Since you are backing up your data to google and drop box (I do that too), be sure to encrypt it. They are well known for selling data and having terrible privacy. I myself use S.S.E universal encryption if only I am accessing it. I use PGP/GPG if I am sending files to someone.

Welcome to MT! I hope you take my advice. Ask me questions if you have any.

Combofix

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 12, 2015
I was trusting Comodo sandbox to AV test but i wont try on my main pc after your advices . But im still trust comodo sandbox :D. Sometimes i cant find any internet connection so installed 360 TS all engines and CIS . If i find an internet connection deactivate them(comodo antivirus and 360TS bitdefender, Avira engines) to do faster my pc . II use ZAL because I think Zemana and 360TS are very light with cloud based scanner and they have smart engines. One more thing to use Zemana . It cryptes my keyboard usage .Comodo and 360 TS can miss some keylogging activities. And last one i have lifetime license :D. I keep my passwords on Google smart lock i can use it everywhere when i login my google account. not for just chrome because i use with Opera Browser fill automaticly.And got two step verification on my accounts.I used lastpass but i dont trsut anymore since they had sold logmein. I backup my important datas on an usb stick every month. But i dont have knowlage about encrpytion datas .I heard Microsoft Bitlocker .Should i use it for encrypt before to send cloud drive. Thank you for advices and help.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Whether or no you trust Comodo Sandbox,Sandboxie,etc. you should only test malware in a Virtual machine or a separate testing machine.
Hopefully you will not go back to that practice.
Your on demand scanners are the same as your real time protection?
Consider using Zemana as an on demand option and or add some additional on demand scanners.
I would seriously consider adding some type of system backup solution.
Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper both offer good free versions.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Combofix

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 12, 2015
These news didnt make me relax about LastPass .In the event they will get support or technologies each other and i think Lastpass wont pay with cash :D
What should i do now to escape from RISKY status :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What should i do now to escape from RISKY status :D
You were marked as "Risky" because you originally put that you test malware on your host PC.
Those who are experienced in malware testing know to use a Virtual Machine or a separate testing PC.
Not trying to belittle you but if you do not know this then it would be a good idea not to test malware.
It looks as though you edited your config,is this correct?
The only way to to get red badge redemption is if we are certain you are not testing malware on your host PC.

Reactions: JM Safe and Dirk41

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Yes, absolutely follow suggestions about testing malware in a VM (VMware or VirtualBox) or Shadow Defender.
Please follow suggestions about backups.

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.