App Review Comodo 6 vs Infected Computer Parts 1&2(mrizos)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
[video=youtube]http:// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3SkuUDicvk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Comodo 6 vs Infected Computer (mrizos)

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

It did not need to reboot to clean the malware, it needed to reboot to finish the installation. He complained about geek buddy being installed, he could have gone into Customize Installer, and unticked these options. I personally feel people should get to know a product thoroughly before proceeding to test it and make judgments of any kind.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

No, I think it was fair of him to do a default installation, that's the best bet you'll get the crap Comodo cram into their installers**. Many people still do default installs, thinking they get what is advertised. Unfortunately, what you think you get and what you actually get is a different story, see image below.

This is Free Internet Security by Comodo:
- Free Download has no mention of GeekBuddy or Dragon, deceptive advertising. :rolleyes:

49fRptz.png

** This includes other software vendors.

Watched both, can't wait to see Part 3 / Conclusion of the video, and more of his old-style reviews.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

Earth said:
No, I think it was fair of him to do a default installation, that's the best bet you'll get the crap Comodo cram into their installers**. Many people still do default installs, thinking they get what is advertised. Unfortunately, what you think you get and what you actually get is a different story, see image below.

This is Free Internet Security by Comodo:
- Free Download has no mention of GeekBuddy or Dragon, deceptive advertising. :rolleyes:

Granted, I feel such things should be opt-in instead of opt-out, but realistically, I think anyone who has been downloading applications for more than six months has learned to check the installer to make sure that anything that they don't want isn't being installed. :rolleyes:

Especially in the case of free applications!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.