Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: Comodo Dome Shield | DNS based security SaaS solution

"Comodo Dome Shield is a Cloud Delivered DNS Based Security as a-Service (SaaS) solution that provides comprehensive domain filtering and granular policies that cover security and category based rules.

Easiest way to block Malicious and risky web access and apply company web browsing policy.Simple yet extremely effective DNS based security for your company."

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Not familiar with this concept. Is Comodo Dome a replacement for the router configuration page that is default with a router? I can't tell. Does the information on my PC's machine name (Enter->new network) go over the internet or is it stored locally? I was imagining that Comodo supercedes the router firewall with the Comodo Dome by storing a PC's information on the Comodo server and then the configs that you choose for CD. From there Comodo sifts through information headed for your PC and blocks according to CD rules and further rules supplied by Comodo. I could be paranoid about this, but I don't know, since an account is required. I didn't notice any sort of download, so I thought maybe Comodo is storing this info.

Last edited:

blandnamething

Level 1
Oct 2, 2017
proof
e.png
Microsoft Edge 10_2_2017 9_55_05 PM.png

Reactions: lowdetection

blandnamething

Level 1
Oct 2, 2017
(this post is color coded.
RED = Refering to comodo dome shield or its creators
GREEN = refering to another antivirus
BLUE = a key point

PURPLE = refering to youareanidiot.org
LIGHT BLUE = refering to other malware
black = normal text
lighter versions of colors = its something said by the thing other than something refering to it
remember this.)
my re-enactment of why they block youareanidiot.org:
la la lala la... lets go on le computer! hmm... a free ipad? sure! *clicks ad and is directed to youaranidiot.org*
you are an idiot! ha haha ha ha haha ha ha haha ha!
[triggered] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM TRIGGGGGERRRRRRRRRED *creates comodo dome shield and blocks youareanidiot.org*
HAHA! DEFEATED NOW SCRUB!

[memz] spaztic person...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
What is this?
I guess smth like open DNS? or what?ForgottenSeer 58943 do you recommend it?

Last edited:
Reactions: lowdetection
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

What is this?
I guess smth like open DNS? or what?ForgottenSeer 58943 do you recommend it?

I looks like just another SaaS. You setup your gateway IP on the account, point your DNS to Domeshield and it applies blacklists to DNS lookups and forwards anything not blocked to Comodo DNS. I assume there is a gateway change detection app installed in case you move around. Since it doesn't block ads/trackers, I wouldn't think it is very useful. Although the content blocker would be handy for folks without a UTM/Firewall on the gateway that does this.

Honestly? Spend $50 for a Raspberry Pi and Case, follow the Pi-Hole setup, static the Pi-Hole, point your router DNS to Pi-Hole and your Pi-Hole forwarding to OpenDNS and let it rip. That way you can fully customize it, it's blazing fast and secure due to local caching and you can customize the blacklists all you want including massive tracking/ad lists. There is even a pre-parsed AdguardDNS list siphoned out of Adguard DNS you can use.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

somebody put comodo dome shield on my IP Address how do i get rid of it:(

Nobody can set your gateway IP to use Domeshield unless they've compromised your DNS forwarding.

Check your router for where the DNS is pointing. Check your PC's for manually input DNS entries. While someone could setup a Domeshield account, and point it to your gateway it also requires you to point YOUR DNS back to Domeshield.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

blandnamething

Level 1
Oct 2, 2017
Nobody can set your gateway IP to use Domeshield unless they've compromised your DNS forwarding.

Check your router for where the DNS is pointing. Check your PC's for manually input DNS entries. While someone could setup a Domeshield account, and point it to your gateway it also requires you to point YOUR DNS back to Domeshield.
HOW DO I CHECK IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.