Not open for further replies.

Senkei

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Hello Friends !
smiley.gif

I’m very happy and excited to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.2.392126.236B version is now released !

As you all know, here in Comodo, we believe that the real threats are the unknowns. For this reason ; what we do is, to protect you from “Unknowns” as well as the Known Threats.

You should not rely on the products that can only protect you from the “known” threats. Actually this is not a protection...When you know that somebody is bad and will hit you on the face, you would stay away from him on default ! What about the total strangers that you dont know anything about ? You have no idea if it is bad or good. You have no idea if it will hit you or not ! Don’t Worry! We are Here! ’m very happy and excited to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.2.392126.236B version is now released !

As you all know, here in Comodo, we believe that the real threats are the unknowns. For this reason ; what we do is, to protect you from “Unknowns” as well as the Known Threats.

You should not rely on the products that can only protect you from the “known” threats. Actually this is not a protection...When you know that somebody is bad and will hit you on the face, you would stay away from him on default ! What about the total strangers that you dont know anything about ? You have no idea if it is bad or good. You have no idea if it will hit you or not ! Don’t Worry! We are Here!

Thanks to Comodo's Unique Default Deny Technology!

We will be your transparent filter for the unknowns ! While you will be running the unknown files in Sandbox, we will be analysing the file for you in our unique Valkyrie file analysis server in the meantime! After the analysis is done, you will be informed if the file is a good or a bad file. If it is found out to be a bad file, we will also give you the insight if this file has been detected by any other vendor in the World before ! At that time, You will be proud of yourself for using Comodo Cloud Antivirus!

Get Lucky !
smiley.gif

You are so smart and very lucky to use Comodo! This time we will show you Why ...

You will have a “Lucky You!” Page where you will be able to see the stats for the files that is recognised with CCAV as unknown and analysed by Valkyrie system.

You will make internet a secure place by using us, so again Thank You Very Much!

This product is being shaped with your feedbacks, this is your product! Because You are important for us and we are here to support you for your online protection needs. Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What's new in 1.2.392126.236B?

- Submit all unknown files to Valkyrie :

Submit unknown files to Valkyrie automatically when user enables auto-submission. In previous release we submit only sandboxed unknown files, now we are submitting all unknown files.

- Show Valkyrie file status in main UI:

Users are now able to see file analysis status directly on main UI with a summary page.

- Show Lucky you information returned by Valkyrie server:

Lucky You page will be your new best friend! You will have notifications each time you get a new file analysis result back. You are also able to see stats on the page .

- Rating scan:

You are now able scan all executable files in system and submit to Valkyrie when user enables auto-submission. If auto-submisson is not enabled, we will show you your unknown files on main UI for you to submit !

Improvents and Fixes:

We have addressed many wishes and bugs/issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few:

- CCAV Crash
- Some languages installation pages are small

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Public Major V 1.2.392126.236B

http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

Source: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.2.392126.236B is Released!!! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Well done Comodo, but here's one that will wait at least 3-4 months for the plethora of bugs (bigger than a plaque of locusts!) to be ironed out.

Reactions: 1qay1qay
D

Deleted member 2913

Kate_L,

I am looking forward yo your tests on Malware Hub with CCAV.
Lets see how the new version does, how effective are Valkyrie & Viruscope, etc...

Reactions: Av Gurus

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Kate_L,

I am looking forward yo your tests on Malware Hub with CCAV.
Lets see how the new version does, how effective are Valkyrie & Viruscope, etc...

I've stopped testing CCAV and I'm using CIS. :)

Reactions: Davidov
D

Deleted member 2913

Installed the new CCAV.

They have started doing the stuffs i.e have added Yahoo as a home page & search & option is selected by default during install.

After install it starts Rating Scan. I would suggest users with limited data plan to cancel Rating Scan. Go to Sandbox Settings & untick "Submit automatically to Valkyrie". Start Rating Scan & you can submit Unknown manually. I dont know whats the file size limit to upload to Valkyrie.

On my system Rating Scan took app 10-12 mins & found 26 Unknown files. All files were related to my portable programs. Only Windows Firewall Control installer, VLC uninstaller & FreeFileSync installer were Unknown other than portable programs files.

During Rating Scan 2 times it mentioned Cloud not connected...Reconnecting... & Reconnected & continued the scan.

Due to Rating Scan, now the lag is not there as programs analyzed & classified.

I submitted all the 26 Unknown files to Valkyrie & it mentioned submitted successfully. Its been 20 mins. No verdict returned yet i.e status/rating for the files mentioned "Pending". Dont know if the verdict will be returned or not?

Time to time I am seeing "Check your internet connection" on the GUI. And when I start browsing GUI shows ON. It seems if you are not doing anything CCAV thinks no internet connection...kinda seems so.

Full scan after an hour was still at 17% & found 73 Unknown files, all related to NitroPDF & Windowsapps.

Finally uninstalled it.

I think a product which is heavily dependent on cloud mechanism & whitelists for smooth functioning & usability, their both cloud mechanism & whitelists sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

HI anyone getting check your internet connection on front ui ? Is there a fix ? Thks
Yes I am getting.

Sometimes no connection & sometimes connection is there.
As per Comodo forums, server optimization, etc is going on so you will sometimes see connection prob & sometimes connection fine. But mostly I see connection prob, infact for me connection prob is there for past 5-6 hours.

1qay1qay

Level 1
Verified
Apr 17, 2016
Anyone known anything better (no signature based apps, only default "deny all" pls) AND bellow 50 $ ?

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
They should temporarily rename CCAV to CCAVWC :rolleyes:
(Comodo Cloud Anti-virus Without Cloud)

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
I tested comodo like 3 months ago. Th detection rate is awful especially with zero day threats.

Reactions: DardiM
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.