Comodo Containment Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Here's a thought: don't run unknown executables! o_O

You know Windows has everything you need to have your box locked down: default deny and anti-execute through Group Policy and two-way firewall, default block/explicit allow.

AE-grade group policy is not possible on W8/8.1... best that can be done is via Parental Controls - which might possibly work.

I agree with you @Rolo. In the face of 150+ new malwares per year, install what you want\need, then lock it down.

Use virtualization to play with any Unknowns...

Reactions: Moose

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Sure? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831534.aspx includes Win8

Oh, no, I'm not recommending running a hardened box unless for mission-critical or mission-sensitive machines in a commercial or military environment as it would be too draining on the user and either the prompts will be ignored (*ahem* UAC *cough* zone protection) or the security mechanisms would be uninstalled and system left unsecure. My PC serves me, not the other way around.

I do use a VM to test any new software to test compatibility and to see whether I like it (I grab a lot of giveaways); it keeps my system clean and optimised.

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.