Advice Request COMODO Firewall: browser exploits and flash drive attacks

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
How does COMODO Firewall (at my settings) deal with browser exploit, if a person is running a browser which has not been sandboxed? Will the containment or the HIPS be able to block the malware dropped in memory?
Are the Containment and HIPS (at my settings) able to protect from autorun Attacks coming from infected flash drives?
This are my COMODO Firewall settings: COMODO - Maximum Security.cfgx

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think shmu made a mistake with the previous post
Right. I immediately deleted the text from my post -- apparently, I don't have permission to delete the post itself -- but if you received it as email, please ignore.

You raised an interesting but difficult subject, and I don't know enough about it to answer it properly.
What I can say is that in Advanced Protection/Miscellaneous/Do heuristic analysis... you can click on "certain applications", and then a window opens where you can enable embedded code detection for more processes. This will increase your exploit protection. If you get too many prompts from a certain process, and you can't find a workaround on the Comodo forum, then just disable that process like it was before.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Right. I immediately deleted the text from my post -- apparently, I don't have permission to delete the post itself -- but if you received it as email, please ignore.

You raised an interesting but difficult subject, and I don't know enough about it to answer it properly.
What I can say is that in Advanced Protection/Miscellaneous/Do heuristic analysis... you can click on "certain applications", and then a window opens where you can enable embedded code detection for more processes. This will increase your exploit protection. If you get too many prompts from a certain process, and you can't find a workaround on the Comodo forum, then just disable that process like it was before.
Yeah, I enabled the detection of embedded code for all values

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.