Comodo Firewall Installer Malware ????

H

hjlbx

To my stupidity I deleted the comodo installer when It was detected as suspicious. Even then I recovered the detected file chromiumsecuresetup.exe from Avast quarantine and uploaded it to VT and none detected there. Seems like a false positive from avast. But even on demand scan done by avast doesn't detect the file as suspicious only detects the file as suspicious during on-execution. I then tried running the file in my VM that has an upto date Panda AV. The file failed to run there saying its corrupted, not detected by Panda though.

You can always re-download installer and upload to VT - just to make sure.

Might just be the case where the installer was corrupted somehow during the download process...

Reactions: Kuttz
Y

yigido

You can always re-download installer and upload to VT - just to make sure.

Might just be the case where the installer was corrupted somehow during the download process...
Installer is too big for VT!

Reactions: Kuttz

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Becuase the installer is "not 7z archive", so %99 corrupted installer :)
It said "not 7z archive" because Avast quarantined it... Maybe the quarantined file is an archive.
"Chromiuminstaller" is an installer for Google Chrome. Do you have hardened mode enabled? If so, then it might just be a false positive.
No, this is not an alert from the hardened mode.

Kuttz

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
What does the file's digital signature indicate?

I deleted the installer so cant figure out that now. I had a pretty slow Internet of just 512 kbps so downloading the same file again is a time consuming and boring process.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.