Comodo Sandbox Settings

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If I want CIS to sandbox unknown programs & not show Unlimited Rights alerts, which option should I disable?

1. Detect programs which require elevated privileges

2. Show privilege elevation alerts for unknown programs

If I disable 1st option, 2nd is disabled too.

If I disable 2nd option, 1st remains enabled.

What means both the options disabled?

What means 1st enabled & 2nd disabled?

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Disabling first one automatically disables 2nd one because if comodo is not detecting for elevated privilege then it cannot show alerts for privilege elevation.

1. Detect programs which require elevated privileges

2. Show privilege elevation alerts for unknown programs

2007393.jpg

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So what happens if only 2nd option is disabled?

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
So what happens if only 2nd option is disabled?
Unknown program will be sandboxed. No privilege alerts will be shown.
If a program running in sandbox requires elevated privilege then comodo will simply refuge it and will keep running the unrecognized program in sandbox.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So the showing of popups depend on 2nd option?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So disabling the 1st option disables 2nd option too & the result is unknown programs are automatically run in sandbox & no popup is shown.
And disabling only the 2nd option, the result is unknown programs are automatically run in sandbox & no popup is shown.

The result is same for both the procedure above.
So is there any difference or there is no difference or am I missing something here?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

Looking forward to seeing what cruelsister has to say about the above setting?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Salutations,

Looking forward to seeing what cruelsister has to say about the above setting?
Virtik helped a lot.

I am still little confused.

I tried on my system with both options disabled & only 2nd option disabled with some samples/programs.
And I dont see any difference.
But I am sure I am missing something here that I am not understanding clearly, though Virtik tried to help a lot.

Lets see what Cruelsister has to say about this?
She is the reason I started using Comodo FW i.e without CAV. So now the responsibility is on her to make me understand easily & clearly:)

R

rocky

Thread author
Enable 1st option and disable 2nd option. This lets programs like Firefox install and update. But sandboxes or blocks unknown without asking.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Yeah, got it from Cruelsister recent video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.