App Review Comodo's Sandbox Blocking

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Comodo's Sandbox Blocking
Uploaded by blackbox246

Claims no need for anti-virus (You decide!)

Questions about software or tests should be directed at the video author.
I only post these here for member's enjoyment :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Claims: No need for Paid AV.

Uses Comodo Sandbox to proof this.

Yeah, can't exactly take this seriously.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Yeah, there's a reason CIS has an AV and HIPS in addition to the sandbox...

The automatic sandbox would need full virtualization (and more granular sandbox configuration) before I would come even close to making a statement like that. Even then, I'd never make such grandiose claims because there is always the chance that something may slide by. No security solution is 100%. That is why a layered approach to security is generally recommended. If one part fails, hopefully another will catch the malware before it does any damage.

Recommendation: Don't forgo AV because you're relying on the sandbox...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.