Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing comes close to Sandboxie.

This is solely my personal opinion.

Edit: I do wonder about how good BitDefender's, Avast's, Webroot's (just to name a few) are compared to the "Comodo" Sandbox -that everyone talks about-. I'm done. :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 178

unknown51398 said:
Always wondered which of the two has better virtualization

both of them :D why?

1- Sandboxie is a must have if you want a Sandbox apps, it is a full virtualization program with lot of options and tweakings, often updated and improved. the free version allow to run only one sandbox while the paid version allows any number of sandboxes.

2- because Comodo has 2 kind of sandboxes:

a- the "Auto-sandbox" (the one that generate a yellow popups) is a policy rules kind of sandbox, means it restrict the rights of the unknown application running in it to avoid manipulations on critical system files.

b- the manual sandbox, this one works like sandboxie but with less options, it fully virtualize the environment in which the application is running in.

To answer the poll i vote Sandboxie, but if you have CIS/CFW/CAV installed , and you can afford to pay for sandboxie, i suggest you to do it :D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would say Sandboxie or BufferZone. CIS sandbox does not offer full sandboxing. Kaspersky's safe run though is comparable. Even Avast has a pretty good sandbox.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I would vote Sandboxie if the the poll was, "Which sandbox do you prefer". Sandboxie wins there, hands down. Sandboxie is much more configurable, and definitely has the lead when it comes to usability.

But since the poll is about which has better virtualization, I can't vote because I don't know the answer. I haven't seen anything break out of either Sandboxie or Comodo's manual sandbox. -shrug-

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I like sandboxie since it can be tweaked to your liking...comodo needs to give the OD sandbox more options and easier/faster to get to and I think more people would use it...plus i'd like it to have a border like sandboxie has.

I have no clue which is the better one as far as security goes since I don't use comodo's but I would guess sandboxie!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have liked Sandboxie for a while and works wonders. You can configure just the way you like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.