• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Please help me to comparing WIndows, Mac and Linux in terms of Cost, Security, Reliability, Support, Software and Ease of Use in the table form. Which one will you prefer and why.

Last edited:

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Windows > All
Because you can play all games on Windows. (yes that is the most important part)
And you can keep your money to eat something, if you buy a MAC you have no money to eat.
Linux? I'm not a pingouin/auk.

Y

yigido

That is what I know all about this comparison :D
oBQWZR7.jpg

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
*Lol!!!;):p:D
yigido's illustrations are (all at once) enlightening, entertaining, and there is a great truth in the kidding!:rolleyes:

• Windows 7 or 8 are vehicles that operate well, and when you take care of your vehicles well they do operate with far fewer headaches.:cool: Thanks MT!!;)
Linux is free. Somewhat nicer than the photo (actually a lot nicer!:p) I've been browsing well with lumbuntu (the lighter Linux) which installed beside our (now retired) XP desktop (Pentium 4, 1GB RAM) & added Chrome which renders images here more clearly than it's stock Fire Fox canonical (ubuntu) browser.
  • Creating the disk image is straight forward, & you can try the OS before comitting to installing.
  • Stick with version 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) over version 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) for now unless you're running newer hardware. For me, it's file images flicker in & out more than it's previous version whilst I explore it's uncharted waters.
Mac OSX? All I know, mainly, is how some people swear by it just as my brother in law does, just look at that boy in the red sweater tweaking his little heart away with the blue Mac OS.;) Fanboys (& girls) of Comodo must feel similarly about the big "C"!:D

Last edited:

MidniteRider

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
My vote goes for Linux (even though I use Windows too). Free, can tweak it to your liking, works as good as Windows if you do things right (can even run quite a few Win apps through Wine), and you don't have to worry about malware (yet).
I mostly use Windows for gaming nowadays.

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Windows is very bad, but unfortunately do not exist nothing better too. There are only some worse.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
While Windows might not be the best offering in terms of cost and security, I believe it is reliable enough if you are choosing Windows 7 or above. It also has the largest number of software and it's quite easy to use. I would choose Windows in this case, but if you are asking about which one will I choose it will be Linux, I like to learn how to use it's command line interface since sometimes you have to use it, and I just want to know how to fix it without a re-installation after I ruin it. :D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I know this doesn't answer your question, but every Computer, Tablet and Smartphone use them, so I would say All. Soon cameras and other electronic devices will follow.

A PC running Windows, Mac or Linux
A Tablet running Windows RT, iOS or Android
A Smartphone running WP, iOS or Android

They all run and have shown to be effective on each platform.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Fantasy If Linux is better than all, why do you use Windows?

A lot of home users, including work and educational, still use Windows and Mac because the software is NOT available on Linux.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Fantasy If Linux is better than all, why do you use Windows?

A lot of home users, including work and educational, still use Windows and Mac because the software is NOT available on Linux.
...and I use windows because, apart from as how much I might try to deny it, I've given in to the pleasurable pressure:rolleyes: from the largest peer group there is, The Whole World!:p:D

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.