Advice Request Congress wants to investigate Facebook

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Yes indeed, the Congress of the USA thinks that the Facebook Breach is the Worst Thing Ever and it needs to investigate, find blame, and determine remediation.

But in 2015, when the Office of Personnel management was breached (and over 21 million people that had filled out Standard Form 86 for Security Clearance -over 100 pages- with supporting interview documentation from relatives, friends, former Lovers, etc., and now resides in some data collector in Bejing), not one Congressperson said a peep. Just business as usual.

So, Dear Congress, at the same time that we require Facebook to have more stringent security procedures in place perhaps we should clean up our own House so that some nameless drone in China does not discover that Meghan may be a Robot...

(ps to the Mods- feel free to Move and/or Delete this rant...)

P

plat1098

Yes, when you have Opie Taylor at the helm of Facebook, everything will blow over shortly--"we are sorry, we messed up and we will win you back with wholesome sincerity." I'm telling you, these players are shapeshifters. Nauseating. Hopefully, Facebook really was dinged in a permanent way but only time makes that determination. Couldn't stomach it if Facebook made it all the way back, society is a lost cause in that event.

Congress could sink Microsoft and Windows and people won't take notice. Congress could even scuttle the web and still they'll yawn. But if Congress even tries to take Facebook away from the people, you will see them revolt violently in the streets. People will die...

Let's you know what is really important in lives of Average Joes. :cautious:

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
</sarcasm ON>

As a US citizen I am always so pleased when they are looking out for my best interests.
And I so want them to make sure my User Experience on FB is exciting, etc. I am sure it will be with them ****ing away a few million on some BS investigation. They do such a great job.

</sarcasm OFF>

Out of 535 ***Clowns in the two houses, I have respect for maybe half a dozen. Max.
This is just one of their usual ploys to show us they are on top of bad things happening to us and THEY will look out for us!

Reactions: Electr0n

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Yes, when you have Opie Taylor at the helm of Facebook, everything will blow over shortly--"we are sorry, we messed up and we will win you back with wholesome sincerity." I'm telling you, these players are shapeshifters. Nauseating. Hopefully, Facebook really was dinged in a permanent way but only time makes that determination. Couldn't stomach it if Facebook made it all the way back, society is a lost cause in that event.
Don't hold your breath, society IS a lost cause now. Majority of people don't give a damn.
Also something fishy might be going on with Twitter and Google too.

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth and frogboy

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Facebook also tried to wipe out net neutrality in India, thanks to our Govt and our media, they got their ass kicked out promptly. At this point they are almost a evil corp in every way possible.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.