Troubleshoot Constant force restarts

averagecpuser

Thread author
May 3, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Initially it was the same as before until it subdued by a little bit now it just randomly
Restarts(the time is short I don'even think reaching 30 mins)and restarting again at the bios but after that second restart it boots normally
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I used malwarebytes to remove any viruses that maybe is causing it,and a system restore
It just happen again a few days ago and I don't think it's one of the hardware since it doesn't restart when in safe mode nor the ram since I already used the memory diagnostics tool

P.S I'm writing this in an iPad since I can't just not make a post in my computer without it restarting

averagecpuser

Thread author
May 3, 2015
I forgot If the solution requires me to reinstall windows I can't since this computer was given to without the windows cd,product code,etc so if that's your solution please tell me how to reinstall windows without a cd or usb

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you tell us more about your computer;
What OS does it run?
Notice any changes to the desktop recently, such as a black wallpaper?
How old is your computer? And is it a desktop or laptop?

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Upvote 0

averagecpuser

Thread author
May 3, 2015
You can download the Windows Media Creation Tool and clean install the OS... if your system is W8\8.1.

It will detect the existing product key - even if it is an OEM key.

Register at forums.mydigitallife.com - login - and follow the instructions here:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/40897-Guide-to-preserve-Windows-8-x-OEM-Activation

If it is W7 then there might be a way to clean install the OS or even upgrade to W8.1, but I am not absolutely sure of all the details.
I'm still using windows 7 what your talking about is making a system recovery disk which is done by using a cd or usb it requires the product key but i don't have those at the moment and about windows 8 you can in the net but I don't have money and due to my problem it's not possible

Upvote 0

averagecpuser

Thread author
May 3, 2015
Could you tell us more about your computer;
What OS does it run?
Notice any changes to the desktop recently, such as a black wallpaper?
How old is your computer? And is it a desktop or laptop?
It's a desktop I have been using it for about a year now but i don't know how long the one that gave it(my brother)
Has been using but before he gave it to me it was repaired and the hd and psu was replaced the only thing that I added to it is a fan and a gpu

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you add the fan and gpu recently, or the restarts occurred prior to changing the hardware?

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Did you try unplugging system for about 1 min, then attempt to reboot into Safe Mode ?

I know it is very basic question and you probably already tried it...

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Based on my experience before where I've used my desktop, many restarts happened and found out a sound/audio driver cause the problem which I didn't used it.

Have you identified something a driver from your system unit where it can be the main cause? Sometimes bad video card may produce problem.

Restart are not same as BSOD where you can trace the dump so surely hardware issue is the root of the problem.

Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Try scan ur pc with
TDSSKiller Free Download
rootkit scanner to find any active rootkits. It could be software incompatibility, try to remove buggy softwares.Sometimes faulty power supply cause this or if ur power supply not match minimum requirements to ur hardware configuration. Check if ur CPU is not overheating. SOmetimes VGA drivers cause this, try to update ur VGA driver if it's outdated. Also remove ur external gpu ,boot computer & see if it's restart again or not. It could be bad motherboard since malfunction of capacitors can cause wide range of issues. Look on on ur mobo & see if any capacitor is leaking or not. And what do u mean by fan? is it air cooler or a chassis fan?

Upvote 0

Ionnakis

May 26, 2015
Several of my customers had this issue. On one system, it turned out to be his GPU; the fan had burned out, and when rendering video, it would overheat. On another, the ventilation system had clogged with dust, and opening it up and blowing it out with compressed air did the trick? Does your computer restart when you are doing something specific?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.